+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Latest Travel Restrictions 10/July/2020 : To finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
A poster flying in from Taiwan was refused because he had a return ticket yesterday I think. So I guess it depends on location. May I ask where you flew in from?
Hi, i am talking to dozens of people on whats app and forum and no one has been refused to be on board,,,, almost 70% were doing thr temporarily landing, for sure there was an issue with this guy and not because of the ticket, i depart from abu dhabi uae, my experience and with confident i can say, fly if u can and dont wait for extensions they cant force u to stay as per their wish or leave, (but just keep one thing in min that it is obligatory to quarantine for 14 days, so ensure that u stayed at least for 15 days in canada and thats all) I was also super confuse when it comea on soft landing and when i see related post that no one is asking anythint about this specific issue' i gain confidence and flew, so i will suggest the same to others if u guys can make it...

Reactions: Batina

Batina

Jul 30, 2020
Hi, i am talking to dozens of people on whats app and forum and no one has been refused to be on board,,,, almost 70% were doing thr temporarily landing, for sure there was an issue with this guy and not because of the ticket, i depart from abu dhabi uae, my experience and with confident i can say, fly if u can and dont wait for extensions they cant force u to stay as per their wish or leave, (but just keep one thing in min that it is obligatory to quarantine for 14 days, so ensure that u stayed at least for 15 days in canada and thats all) I was also super confuse when it comea on soft landing and when i see related post that no one is asking anythint about this specific issue' i gain confidence and flew, so i will suggest the same to others if u guys can make it...
Thanks - i'm flying in from Dubai myself. Stay safe out there.

Reactions: zombiebombay

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Nothing has been asked, i am not sure why people is having in their mind that return ticket might create issue so only get one way tickey, frankly speaking no one is asking ur ticket details and no one is having a time to even look into that, u dont have to show to anyone, so just relax me myself travelled with return ticket hence the reason telling you, dont overthink or panic urself for these reasons just try to enter and have a fool peoof plan of 14 day quarantine and thats all what they need, thanks
Exactly, they are not stupid and everyone knows that u have freedom to buy any tickets from any airlines irrespective of one way or two way, so dont over think and move, and if people keep thinking they will create their own ideas in mind and making their self confuse and nothing else, my experience was real smooth and i guarantee no one will turn u away, just want to tell u one story that when u waiting in a que i say 2 ladies who were stuck at immgration as they dont have written confirmation feom IRCC that they can come and reunite with their family in canada (travel restriction exempt for family reunification) the immigration guy first said that they will let one of them in and another cant go in, because that 2 ladies were mother and daughter, and they have only one family member in canada who is citizen hence immigration said that they will just let her mother go because that canadian pr resident is her daughter, and the othet daughter should leave, and when he saw them he said ... i know this is ridiculous and i will find a way out for u to enter, he in front of me called his sister in canada and told the scenario and he said despite ur sister and mother dont have ircc confirmation to enter canada i am letting ur mother cross the border and still as an exception i will also let ur sister come in for 5 days and in immigration we will keep her passport, so she can come in and leave after 5 days,

I was literally shock and appreciate the gesture if that immigration officer, knowing that they dont have even the ircc approval but he let them go in, the reason telling u behind this is that they understand the situation, they will not kick u out like this just because ur coming temporarily, let me know if anyone is having any questions. Thanks

Reactions: zombiebombay

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Thanks - i'm flying in from Dubai myself. Stay safe out there.
Good luck, i know almost 10 families (as we have whats app) group and we all r discussing several topics, almkst all of them already travelled and someof them even came back after 20/30 days...no issues at all...

Just one precaution, ensure u reach to the airport well ahead before ur departure time which i can say 4 hours min at least, reason bcz they need to get immigration clearance / approval from canada once u show up at the check in counter, sometimes it really fast and sometimes it take hour or so as i know one family they took almost 1.5 hours just to get the clearance so better be safe than sorry and reach to the airport well ahead of time.

I choose etihad as i lives in auh, and for etihad airways it also took around 35 minutes to be exact for me to get the approval and u just need to wait there, nothint can be done,

Good luck and let me know if u require any help.

Thanks

RakeshKDP

Apr 4, 2020
Thank you all for your useful inputs. I have a question. My COPR is valid till Jan 2021. I want to travel in September 1st week. Do I need to raise a webform mentioning that I want to travel in September, wait for them to give clearance. or I can directly book the tickets and move.

Did any one who traveled after July 15th and successfully made it has raised a webform, got clearance and only then traveled.

Qurantine for 14 days I will book a airbnb. I am want to come back after a month, to settle few things and go back after an year or so.

Please guide me.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Thank you all for your useful inputs. I have a question. My COPR is valid till Jan 2021. I want to travel in September 1st week. Do I need to raise a webform mentioning that I want to travel in September, wait for them to give clearance. or I can directly book the tickets and move.

Did any one who traveled after July 15th and successfully made it has raised a webform, got clearance and only then traveled.

Qurantine for 14 days I will book a airbnb. I am want to come back after a month, to settle few things and go back after an year or so.

Please guide me.
Hi, you should travel as normal no need to raise any webform nothing needed from your end, airbnb is perfect but you might to arrange the delivery of groceries ans other stuff as they will ask these questions that who will arrange ur grocery while in quarantine, other thwn this nothing to worry, thats my personal experience as i landed on 2nd august so feel free to fly and dont over think, immigration will be smooth, any questions just ask and am happy to answer. Thanks

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Just to let everyone know, I landed successfully. I have a return ticket for 3 weeks from now - this didn't come up at any point during travel / immigration process. We were asked for quarantine address and proof of funds (after I informed them we had only a few hundred dollars in cash). They were happy with everything and all went smoothly.

Reactions: AmyRao

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Just to let everyone know, I landed successfully. I have a return ticket for 3 weeks from now - this didn't come up at any point during travel / immigration process. We were asked for quarantine address and proof of funds (after I informed them we had only a few hundred dollars in cash). They were happy with everything and all went smoothly.
Congratulations,

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hey,
What happens after my quarantine ends...should I just start to go out? Let me know.
Once your 14 days are over you are free to go where you want following the prescribed protocols for the area you are staying. Practice social distancing, wear a mask in places where you are not able to maintain distance. Most stores now require you to wear a mask, there are restrictions on the number of people who can gather together etc. Use your quarantine time to search it all. Then enjoy Canada.

AmyRao

Jul 17, 2020
Many Congratulations ! From which country did you travel and which airline did you fly with ?

priyankaheber

Jul 16, 2020
Hi,

If you have a plan to quarantine for 14 days I don't think you need to worry. They only asked us where we were quarantining that's it. They did not ask us what was our plan after quarantine. Again this depends on case to case. Just keep your answers ready for all scenarios possible would be my suggestion :)

Reactions: AmyRao

zombiebombay

Jul 22, 2020
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
18-09-2019
AOR Received.
06-10-2019
Passport Req..
04-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2020
Good luck, i know almost 10 families (as we have whats app) group and we all r discussing several topics, almkst all of them already travelled and someof them even came back after 20/30 days...no issues at all...

Just one precaution, ensure u reach to the airport well ahead before ur departure time which i can say 4 hours min at least, reason bcz they need to get immigration clearance / approval from canada once u show up at the check in counter, sometimes it really fast and sometimes it take hour or so as i know one family they took almost 1.5 hours just to get the clearance so better be safe than sorry and reach to the airport well ahead of time.

I choose etihad as i lives in auh, and for etihad airways it also took around 35 minutes to be exact for me to get the approval and u just need to wait there, nothint can be done,

Good luck and let me know if u require any help.

Thanks
Your return ticket wasn't an issue right?

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Your return ticket wasn't an issue right?
Not at all, infact I was having return international and domestic as well. No one is bother to ask that, its a myth that people were denied boarding or entrance if you have the return tickets, I was even holding the active residency visa of UAE when I flew and everyone checked it from checkin to immigration, no one ask anything.