+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Late Visa Approved-College Started a week ago

chetantayade

Dec 3, 2016
Hello Friends,

I have been accepted into fanshawe college for May 2017 intake & college started from 1st May with orientation program on 27th april but my visa got approved on the 4th of may 2017.Now i had asked fanshawe college for a 10 day extension but that rquest has been denied and i have been asked to take LOA for Sept. intake instead.

Will i have to reapply for Student Visa as it expires in march 2018?
How early can i leave for the Sept. Program?

pb11

Apr 24, 2017
Toronto
chetantayade said:
Hello Friends,

I have been accepted into fanshawe college for May 2017 intake & college started from 1st May with orientation program on 27th april but my visa got approved on the 4th of may 2017.Now i had asked fanshawe college for a 10 day extension but that rquest has been denied and i have been asked to take LOA for Sept. intake instead.

Will i have to reapply for Student Visa as it expires in march 2018?
How early can i leave for the Sept. Program?
Actually, the dates mentioned on your visa are the dates for validation of entry. You can easily defer you course to sep and may leave to canada anytime but you need to have carry some money along with you to pay for your stay and food as you won't be allowed to work there until your classes start and no access to GIC account will be given till that.

Regarding Extention, when you will arrive at the Canada immigration center they will hand over you the study permit which will be having the latest dates till your course. In return, you have to provide them the newest offer letter given by your college for sep intake.

chetantayade

Dec 3, 2016
pb11 said:
Actually, the dates mentioned on your visa are the dates for validation of entry. You can easily defer you course to sep and may leave to canada anytime but you need to have carry some money along with you to pay for your stay and food as you won't be allowed to work there until your classes start and no access to GIC account will be given till that.

Regarding Extention, when you will arrive at the Canada immigration center they will hand over you the study permit which will be having the latest dates till your course. In return, you have to provide them the newest offer letter given by your college for sep intake.
How early do you think i should leave for the sept. intake program?

pb11

Apr 24, 2017
Toronto
chetantayade said:
How early do you think i should leave for the sept. intake program?
Usually, people go 10 days before their classes as in this period they look for accommodation.

If you already have someone who can pick up from the airport and offer you stay for 2-3 days then you should leave 5 days before your classes.

pb11

Apr 24, 2017
Toronto
chetantayade said:
''

If you really found something worth your knowledge please press good under my name :)

Additionally I would like to know you have 3 years degree or 4 years

chetantayade

Dec 3, 2016
pb11 said:
''

If you really found something worth your knowledge please press good under my name :)

Additionally I would like to know you have 3 years degree or 4 years
thanks...i did 4 years diploma engineering then got direct admission to the 2nd year of 4 year B.E. degree