+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Late visa approval, change in travel dates and financial proof at landing

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
I had applied for visitor visa for my parents for a function here in August first week. They didn’t get the visa on time for that. Now, Will it be an issue if we move the visit to next summer? I.e April or may 2019. Also, the fixed deposit they showed for funds would expire and when they re-issue the same, it would be different account numbers and also the dates will be different (October 18).
At the time of landing, they need to provide financial proof. Will it be an issue that the fixed deposits will be different at the time of applying and time of landing?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but Assuming their visa is still valid April/May next year then it can still be used. Don’t think makes any difference changing account numbers, it is funds to support a visit that are important if even asked. Although I do not personally know , I doubt CBSA have that level of detail in front of them as to what was included in the original application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I had applied for visitor visa for my parents for a function here in August first week. They didn’t get the visa on time for that. Now, Will it be an issue if we move the visit to next summer?
No issues with visiting next summer or anytime during the validity of their TRVs.

I.e April or may 2019. Also, the fixed deposit they showed for funds would expire and when they re-issue the same, it would be different account numbers and also the dates will be different (October 18).
At the time of landing, they need to provide financial proof. Will it be an issue that the fixed deposits will be different at the time of applying and time of landing?
To clarify: They are not *landing* which is a term for PR/immigrants. Your parents will be visiting and don't need to show POFs at the POE.

It does not matter if the renewed FDs have different serial/account numbers. Also, as FDs are normally locked-in, your parents must be able to prove they have liquid cash to support their visit (foreign currency, travelers cheques, Forex cards, credit cards, etc) IF asked at the POE

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
@Bryanna and @Bs65 thank you for the replies!

Also, their visa is valid for 9 years. Does that mean they can come any time within the 9 years, provided they don't overstay a single visit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna and @Bs65 thank you for the replies!

Also, their visa is valid for 9 years. Does that mean they can come any time within the 9 years, provided they don't overstay a single visit?
Congrats :)

Yes, they can visit any time during the validity of their TRVs. They can apply to extend their authorized stay if they wish (so they won't be overstaying)