+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Late PCC and deadline is approaching

malaz

Oct 19, 2017
I am required to get Police clearance from Jordan, Syria, and Korea. I have the Syrian and Korean one ready. for Jordan I need two documents: Good conduct certificate and Non-convicted certificate. I applied for both of them on Aug. 1st and got ITA at Aug. 2nd.
Thy embassy of Jordan contacted me and gave me the Good conduct certificate, but said the other document needs one more month (mid November). and they gave me a proof that I applied for it in August.
My application deadline is Nov. 1st (after 11 days).
1- Should I submit my application and add an LOE with the submission proof ? can I submit the document later after the deadline? or should I just decline the invitation and try with another round?
2- Is there any penalty or disadvantage of trying my luck with risk of rejection vs declining the invitation and waiting for next round?

I would appreciate any help regarding this problem !

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hello!
Welcome to the forum.
1. Yes, go ahead and submit your application (on a date as closest to the deadline as possible) with an LOE in place of PCC from Jordan including the proof of your application for that PCC and subsequent communication with the embassy. Do not hesitate to include any (every!) supporting document with this LOE. CIC will ask for the PCC as an additional document at a later date which will give you an extended deadline.

2. There is no penalty for declining the ITA. If you have a good CRS, you actually will get the PR sooner with an ITA received later for which you can submit all supporting documents together. As per the trend, any document provided later than actual submission date delays most applications significantly.

Hope this helps!
Good luck!

Reactions: malaz

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
I am required to get Police clearance from Jordan, Syria, and Korea. I have the Syrian and Korean one ready. for Jordan I need two documents: Good conduct certificate and Non-convicted certificate. I applied for both of them on Aug. 1st and got ITA at Aug. 2nd.
Thy embassy of Jordan contacted me and gave me the Good conduct certificate, but said the other document needs one more month (mid November). and they gave me a proof that I applied for it in August.
1- Should I submit my application and add an LOE with the submission proof ? can I submit the document later after the deadline? or should I just decline the invitation and try with another round?
2- Is there any penalty or disadvantage of trying my luck with risk of rejection vs declining the invitation and waiting for next round?

Hi you can upload the proof/documents you have that show you have applied for it and also if you have the document that states it will be ready mid November first. Then later on submit the actual document when you receive it.

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi you can upload the proof/documents you have that show you have applied for it and also if you have the document that states it will be ready mid November first. Then later on submit the actual document when you receive it.
Write an LOE, scan/print the supporting pieces of evidence and put them all in 1 PDF and upload the file in the PCC section for Jordan.

malaz

Oct 19, 2017
As per the trend, any document provided later than actual submission date delays most applications significantly.

Hope this helps!
Good luck!
Thank you for your answer ... good to hear i can still apply!.
How much delay are we talking about here ?

malaz

Oct 19, 2017
There is only one location to upload PCC.
Should I add all docs together? ( Syrian, Korean, Jordan GCC, Jordan embassy proof) as one pdf?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
There is only one location to upload PCC.
Should I add all docs together? ( Syrian, Korean, Jordan GCC, Jordan embassy proof) as one pdf?
Yes you should :)

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Thank you for your answer ... good to hear i can still apply!.
How much delay are we talking about here ?
I would say it delays an application by at least 2 months. When CIC asks for the PCC, your file is left aside until you produce the document. They look into your file once again when you have uploaded the documents. The file is then added to the 'workflow' and I am sure it ends up behind all other 'complete applications' received until that given day!

I had to get PCC and I am approaching 6 months in a week but my application is not processed yet!!

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
May I ask how late after the deadline you submitted your PCC? And did you upload it as soon as you got it or did you have to wait for them to request it?
I had to wait for them to send the formal request as I had to show it to the Japanese authority who gave me the PCC.
They requested the PCC on 20th June, I applied on the 23rd June and got the PCC in hand on the 4th July. I uploaded it in the system on the same day. Over next 10-12 days the documents section kept changing status from being uploaded>being reviewed>we do not need any additional documents".

Marjeebar

Aug 25, 2017

Hi Malaz!

I would just like to ask where you applied for the certificate of good conduct from Jordan?? I am having the same problem as yours. I was able to submit the Non-Criminal Record from the Consulate of Jordan where I live now. They asked for 45 days to have it produced but it actually took them more than 45 days. All the while I thought that it was already complete but then recently, CIC asked for a good conduct certificate. May I just ask how long exactly did you process this?

Thank you in advance for your response.

malaz

Oct 19, 2017
Hi Malaz!

I would just like to ask where you applied for the certificate of good conduct from Jordan?? I am having the same problem as yours. I was able to submit the Non-Criminal Record from the Consulate of Jordan where I live now. They asked for 45 days to have it produced but it actually took them more than 45 days. All the while I thought that it was already complete but then recently, CIC asked for a good conduct certificate. May I just ask how long exactly did you process this?

Thank you in advance for your response.
I got both documents from the embassy of Jordan is Seoul. Btw the police clearance arrived one week after posting this thread.

Marjeebar

Aug 25, 2017
I got both documents from the embassy of Jordan is Seoul. Btw the police clearance arrived one week after posting this thread.
Hi.. congratulations on that one.. it’s a great great relief after a very long wait.. mine took more than 45 days when they said it will only take 45 days max.. does it say in your certificate police clearance or another thing? Mine say’s non criminal record and it is in half a sheet of their official letter with a bunch of stamps at the back..

How long did it take for your good conduct and your police clearance to arrive since you applied for it from jordan embassy?

Thank you again

malaz

Oct 19, 2017
Hi.. congratulations on that one.. it’s a great great relief after a very long wait.. mine took more than 45 days when they said it will only take 45 days max.. does it say in your certificate police clearance or another thing? Mine say’s non criminal record and it is in half a sheet of their official letter with a bunch of stamps at the back..

How long did it take for your good conduct and your police clearance to arrive since you applied for it from jordan embassy?

Thank you again
Police clearance is same as you described.
As i mentioned in my post I applied on Aug. 1st .. so both documents took 70~80 days