+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last quarter 2018(July-December in/outland)without PAL/MR/DM/PPR contact here!

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
That is so wired.
We are in different visa offices but facing the same problem?!
Not sure if it was for QSW, but a few years ago I had read that visa offices are no longer relevant because all applications go into the same processing queue and that immigration officers all around the world pick applications from that global queue and process them in order. I can clearly see that the "in order" part is not correct. I wonder what their logic might be and what the hold up is. Maybe CBSA is responsible for the delays? Because my CBSA notes suggest that the due date for processing my security check was Feb 2020, but the current status is still not started. My CSIS notes suggest that they haven't received any request to perform a background check on me, which I think is normal.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Not sure if it was for QSW, but a few years ago I had read that visa offices are no longer relevant because all applications go into the same processing queue and that immigration officers all around the world pick applications from that global queue and process them in order. I can clearly see that the "in order" part is not correct. I wonder what their logic might be and what the hold up is. Maybe CBSA is responsible for the delays? Because my CBSA notes suggest that the due date for processing my security check was Feb 2020, but the current status is still not started. My CSIS notes suggest that they haven't received any request to perform a background check on me, which I think is normal.
iIf you are inland candidate you have to pass by CSIS.
Last week I asked an immigration lawyer about deadline on security check and he told me that there is no deadline. He was an immigration officer before becoming a lawyer. His explanation: Canada’s relations with certain countries are not so good, that’s why they can delay the replay on an inquiries as long as they wish. The result is delayed background check. Decisions are not made until they are sure that you are not some kind of criminal or terrorist.

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
iIf you are inland candidate you have to pass by CSIS.
Last week I asked an immigration lawyer about deadline on security check and he told me that there is no deadline. He was an immigration officer before becoming a lawyer. His explanation: Canada’s relations with certain countries are not so good, that’s why they can delay the replay on an inquiries as long as they wish. The result is delayed background check. Decisions are not made until they are sure that you are not some kind of criminal or terrorist.
Indeed. However, the problem seems to be that the security check still appears as not started. That is what worries me (and probably many others). If it can take years, then every moment that we spend without starting the checks is an extra delay.

I've filed a complaint to both the IRCC and the CBSA requesting them to confirm if the security checks have actually not started or if they are just appearing as not started because of a glitch. When I get a reply, I'll share it here. The estimated processing time for complaints is 40 days.

Reactions: Italy and Nadia_Zzz

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Indeed. However, the problem seems to be that the security check still appears as not started. That is what worries me (and probably many others). If it can take years, then every moment that we spend without starting the checks is an extra delay.

I've filed a complaint to both the IRCC and the CBSA requesting them to confirm if the security checks have actually not started or if they are just appearing as not started because of a glitch. When I get a reply, I'll share it here. The estimated processing time for complaints is 40 days.
I filled complaints with CBSA and IRCC. CBSA told me that they do not respond to third party private requests. They have obligations to IRCC but not to me. IRCC simply ignores my complaint, they never answered. I submitted a few of them and I’ve got only one reply which says: Due COVID situation bla bla..
Best option is to contact your representative. I’m in contact with mine for the last year. I have an appointment with him this week, he has some news from the IRCC for me. I’m really nervous about this meeting I have a bad feeling.

Reactions: Italy

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Write your experience and how PR application affect your life!
This questionnaire will be sent to the media and government.
We need to do something now! :mad:
This questionnaire could be anonymous.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfesc4R1bVb9cv9nzfRUpxwffthI8arx2_sr6FA2AMAoo3Zmw/viewform
Done already. Thanks.

Personally, I've shared already sent a "story" to CIC need, CTV news, and some other channels. I've highlighted the story of all 2018 applicants in general. I've mentioned that security check taking years is ridiculous. I've also mentioned the lack of transparency in the process and the price we have to pay for their delays. And I've written a paragraph of my immigration story to highlight the fact that despite doing everything on time, I might be kicked out of the country if I cannot get a new job and a new WP by Jun 2020. Let's see how it goes.

Reactions: Nadia_Zzz

Italy

May 23, 2020
I filled complaints with CBSA and IRCC. CBSA told me that they do not respond to third party private requests. They have obligations to IRCC but not to me. IRCC simply ignores my complaint, they never answered. I submitted a few of them and I’ve got only one reply which says: Due COVID situation bla bla..
Best option is to contact your representative. I’m in contact with mine for the last year. I have an appointment with him this week, he has some news from the IRCC for me. I’m really nervous about this meeting I have a bad feeling.
Good luck to you. I hope they will be great news!

Reactions: NaughtyGoodman

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
People on FB start to send messages to the Prime Minister!
Please copy the message below and send it to the link.

Copy from FB group:

S'il vous plaît, chaque membre de ce groupe doit envoyer ce message à cet adresse: https://pm.gc.ca/en/connect/contact

copiez ce message et envoyez:
"Bonjour, Monsieur Le premier ministre.

Nous sommes le groupe de personnes qui ont envoyé leurs demandes de résidence permanente Quebec en 2018. La plupart de ces dossiers de 2018 sont complètement stagnés mais les dossiers 2019 sont traités normalement. Nous vous demandons de bien vouloir analyser pourquoi les dossiers 2019 sont traités et les dossiers 2018 ne le sont pas. Nous pensons qu'il est injuste que les dossiers 2019 soient traités avant 2018.

Nous sollicitons votre attention sur cette situation. Merci."

Reactions: NaughtyGoodman

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
ANY NEWS??:oops:
None. I've assumed that I won't get my PR in 2021. I've read and heard many theories, but it all boils down to the fact that they're not starting our security checks.

At the same time, 2019 is getting their PRs, all the way to Jul 2019. Let's hope for the best and not rely at all on their "estimated processing time" because it's bull poop.

• Sad
Reactions: Nadia_Zzz

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I'll be soon retired waiting for PR. (Lately, I'm considering the option leaving this country permanently)

Good luck everyone!
Hold on bud. I understand the feeling. QSW applicants have been continually tormented - first by MIFI which as we know very well by now is an agency to deliver sadistic pleasure to CAQ electorate, and, secondly by IRCC which has closed its eyes to the tormented applicants by toeing the line of CAQ government. The amount of abuse QSWP applicants have faced ;they should devise a public policy to grant PR to all stuck applicants in three months maximum.

Reactions: Zgajipurwala