+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

last moment marriage

smartstyle

Mar 15, 2010
Hi,

I'm a new PR, not working in Canada yet. I arrived in Canada and then decided to go back to my home country and get married. If I start a sponsorship procedure now, will it be possible to sponsor my spouse and how long will that take for her to get PR visa ? What do you propose ? We both come from Eastern Europe.

Can that happen for 3-5 months or it will take more than that ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

smartstyle said:
Hi,

I'm a new PR, not working in Canada yet. I arrived in Canada and then decided to go back to my home country and get married. If I start a sponsorship procedure now, will it be possible to sponsor my spouse and how long will that take for her to get PR visa ? What do you propose ? We both come from Eastern Europe.

Can that happen for 3-5 months or it will take more than that ?
1. Once you return to Canada you submit the sponsorship and complete application to Mississauga, 35 days for approval refusal.
2. As Eastern Europe is a pretty big place, pick the office where the application will be processed. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

smartstyle

Mar 15, 2010
I understand that procedure very well and how to apply . But I mean, Is it a problem that I'm very new "1month old" Permanent Resident with still no job in Canada ? Can that lead to a sponsorship refusal ? They ask in the forms, what is my annual income ? Although I have imported significant amount of funds to Canada and I can easily do proof of funds, unempoyment might be an issue.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
There is no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship, but you do sign an agreement promising to provide for the basic needs of your sponsored family member, so it's an easier process if you can show either employment or proof of significant savings. They can refuse spousal sponsorships based on Paragraph 39 of the IRPA if the assessing officer does not believe adequate arrangements for support have been made.

From the OP2 Processing Manual, Section 10.3:
"Sponsors of dependent children and of spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners (unless they have dependent children who have dependent children of their own) do not have to meet financial requirements, but they do undertake to provide for the basic necessities of the sponsored applicants so that the applicants do not need social assistance. Applicants may be refused for financial reasons under A39 if they are unable or unwilling to support themselves and their dependent children and there are not adequate arrangements for their care and support."

A39 says: "A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made. Officers should take into consideration the sponsor's financial situation and willingness to assist, as well as the financial situation or employment prospects of the applicant, if applicable."

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Also you can not stay outside Canada, and apply as a sponsor for your spouse. No job can lead them think that you are not going to stay in Canada during the process. I would recommend you to come back to Canada, and get a job before applying for sponsorship.