+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last Company Name

snmack

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My last employer organization is merged in to another organization. They have issued job description on letter head of new organization.

I have submitted my application and now i have noticed that i have mention old employer organization name in background detail form and attached employer reference letter with new organization name.

Will it be a problem, or is there any way to correct this.

Thanks.

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
snmack said:
Hi,

My last employer organization is merged in to another organization. They have issued job description on letter head of new organization.

I have submitted my application and now i have noticed that i have mention old employer organization name in background detail form and attached employer reference letter with new organization name.

Thanks.
This might be a problem if the old name of your employer is not mentioned in a new letter of reference. I had similar situation and did the following:
1. Asked my employer to list all previous names of the company in the letter
2. Provided a copy of my "workbook" as we have it in Russia, all the transfers between companies are indicated therein
3. Provided explanation in the cover letter

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
snmack said:
Hi,

Thanks.
Sir

Will not be an issue , write cover note and attach your appointment letter , CIC / VO will check / verify this from Registrar of companies

Stay Blessed

snmack

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply.

Problem is that i have already sent my application, and company old name is not mentioned on Reference letter. But if CIC will call the company they will confirm company's previous name.

My application is already received at CIC. so there isn't any way i can send cover letter.

Can my application be returned or rejected due to this reason? Is there anything i can do now?

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
snmack said:
Thanks for your reply.

Problem is that i have already sent my application, and company old name is not mentioned on Reference letter. But if CIC will call the company they will confirm company's previous name.

My application is already received at CIC. so there isn't any way i can send cover letter.

Can my application be returned or rejected due to this reason? Is there anything i can do now?
You can wait with your fingers crossed. Personally I don't think CIO will bother calling your employer as background checks and verification are left for a later stage. If CIO accepts your documents and sends you a PER, then you will have the reference number to send them additional documents later on. Otherwise it will be rather difficult to match new docs with your initial application.

snmack

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should i send new application package?. If i do what will happen if my initial file is accepted.
Also i have submitted my original ielts results in initial application, can i submit copies of my ielts result in new application package?

Thanks

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
snmack said:
Should i send new application package?. If i do what will happen if my initial file is accepted.
Also i have submitted my original ielts results in initial application, can i submit copies of my ielts result in new application package?

Thanks
Don't send entire package now. If they decide to return your first application, they will do so with your original IELTS report and when they open a second one they will not accept a photocopy of IELTS.

The only thing you can do now is wait. You may also send them a plain explanatory letter with a new reference letter and provide all the details of your first package: when it was received, who signed the receipt and so on. I do not know if they will manage to match it to your initial package, but it will increase your chances. Have a good luck!