+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last Applicant in the Family

Radhika

Mar 28, 2009
Hi all

I have applied for SWP in May 08 and yet waiting for the outcome.

My Brother is already in Canada and my Parents will be soon joining him.

Now I will remain alone in my family and there is no one to take care of me in India. So can my brother or My parents sponsor me as the last applicant in the family. If yes what needs to be proved to show I am the Last Applicant and there is no one to take of me.

Also I am planning to apply for a student visa comming January will that work or should I wait for the SWP out come or can my parents after reaching there in canada can sponsor me as the last applicant. I am totally confused.

Kindly help !!

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Radhika.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Radhika said:
Hi all

I have applied for SWP in May 08 and yet waiting for the outcome.

My Brother is already in Canada and my Parents will be soon joining him.

Now I will remain alone in my family and there is no one to take care of me in India. So can my brother or My parents sponsor me as the last applicant in the family. If yes what needs to be proved to show I am the Last Applicant and there is no one to take of me.

Also I am planning to apply for a student visa comming January will that work or should I wait for the SWP out come or can my parents after reaching there in canada can sponsor me as the last applicant. I am totally confused.

Kindly help !!

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Radhika.
No such thing as "last remaining family member" sponsorship anymore. Look at it from CIC/CHC's perspective, you parents made the decision to leave their home country, knowing that you would be left behind.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are under 22 or you are a full time student since before the age of 22 and therefore financially dependent on your parents, your parents could sponsor you. If that is not the case, your brother may be able to sponsor you under a provincial nominee program if he is living in AB, MB or SK as long as you both fill all the requirements of those programs. If that is not the case either, you will have to find your own way to immigrate.

Radhika

Mar 28, 2009
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the Help I think I have to check it out if the student visa works for me.

Regards,
Radhika.

Radhika

Mar 28, 2009
Hi Leon,

Thanks for the Help I am above 22 and right now working so I think I have to check it out if the student visa works for me.

Regards,
Radhika.