+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LaSalle College Vancouver!!

selimulated

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
is getting a 1 year diploma at LaSalle College Vancouver will make me eligible for Post graduation work permit and able to apply for pnp afterwards?

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
selimulated said:
is getting a 1 year diploma at LaSalle College Vancouver will make me eligible for Post graduation work permit and able to apply for pnp afterwards?
I'm planning on studying in LaSalle Vancouver as well. Graphic Design!
karankullar helped me a lot with this questions.
LaSalle Vancouver is not eligible for PGWP. Despite it is in the designated learning institutions list, it has to receive funds from the government. However, LaSalle Vancouver College students are being able to get a PGWP. But it's not guaranteed.
PNP? As far as I know, it depends. If you want to try PNP, you can't go for graduation aplication. You can try going for a job offer. It has to be full time and for indeterminate time. It can't have any contract that determines when it finishes.

puneetmaan

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bruno V. S. said:
LaSalle Vancouver is not eligible for PGWP. Despite it is in the designated learning institutions list, it has to receive funds from the government. However, LaSalle Vancouver College students are being able to get a PGWP. But it's not guaranteed.
PNP? As far as I know, it depends. If you want to try PNP, you can't go for graduation aplication. You can try going for a job offer. It has to be full time and for indeterminate time. It can't have any contract that determines when it finishes.
What about an associate degree (2 year diploma + 2 year university) from Langara college

selimulated

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Bruno V. S. said:
me toooo, mate i wanted the graphic design program its so engaging and exactly what i do need , are you going to risk it? being at the risk not to get pgwp or pnp maybe? how did you get to know that some ppl got pgwp i called the college yesterday the admission told me no pgwp you will be getting in vancouver maybe quebec

puneetmaan

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
selimulated said:
me toooo, mate i wanted the graphic design program its so engaging and exactly what i do need , are you going to risk it? being at the risk not to get pgwp or pnp maybe? how did you get to know that some ppl got pgwp i called the college yesterday the admission told me no pgwp you will be getting in vancouver maybe quebec
So there's no chance of getting PR in BC? after doing a diploma?

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Guys, don't freak out.

It's possible to get PGWP in British Colombia. After that you can find a job and apply for PNP. Or Canadian Experience Class. Or if you get a job offer from a B.C. company in the Express Entry pool.
You gotta find an Institution that is eligible for PGWP.

karankullar lives in Vancouver and helped me getting information from LaSalle Vancouver.
He talked to the representant and was told that it's not eligible for PGWP. On the other hand, LaSalle Montreal is an Institution eligible for PGWP. And both are from the same owner.
The representat also told him that day that some students are being able to get PGWP in LaSalle Vancouver, so it's possible, but not guaranteed.

selimulated said:
I don't know yet if I'm going for LaSalle Vancouver, but it's on the top of my list due to the tuition fee that is not that expensive and I really find their Graphic Design program really interesting.
If I don't find any other college that has PGWP guaranteed and a tuition fee that is not that expensive, I'm going for LaSalle Vancouver next year.
Let's keep in touch, if you find any interesting Graphic Design program, let me know. I'll do the same for you. Maybe next year we'll be in the same class talking about plans to get the PR. :D
I'll pm you with my personal email.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Bruno V. S. said:
Guys, don't freak out.

It's possible to get PGWP in British Colombia. After that you can find a job and apply for PNP. Or Canadian Experience Class. Or if you get a job offer from a B.C. company in the Express Entry pool.
You gotta find an Institution that is eligible for PGWP.

karankullar lives in Vancouver and helped me getting information from LaSalle Vancouver.
He talked to the representant and was told that it's not eligible for PGWP. On the other hand, LaSalle Montreal is an Institution eligible for PGWP. And both are from the same owner.
The representat also told him that day that some students are being able to get PGWP in LaSalle Vancouver, so it's possible, but not guaranteed.

I don't know yet if I'm going for LaSalle Vancouver, but it's on the top of my list due to the tuition fee that is not that expensive and I really find their Graphic Design program really interesting.
If I don't find any other college that has PGWP guaranteed and a tuition fee that is not that expensive, I'm going for LaSalle Vancouver next year.
Let's keep in touch, if you find any interesting Graphic Design program, let me know. I'll do the same for you. Maybe next year we'll be in the same class talking about plans to get the PR. :D
I'll pm you with my personal email.

1. LaSalle Vancouver is a private school (but designated) and not eligible for the PGWP.
2. All private schools in Quebec are eligible for PGWP. Outside Quebec, private schools (not governed under the public school rules) are not eligible for PGWP, even if they are designated one.

selimulated

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

1. LaSalle Vancouver is a private school (but designated) and not eligible for the PGWP.
2. All private schools in Quebec are eligible for PGWP. Outside Quebec, private schools (not governed under the public school rules) are not eligible for PGWP, even if they are designated one.
What about CDI college? vancouver