+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Skills Assessment

lemotivé333

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I am an international student with a DEP in esthetics, and an ASP in electrolysis and laser /IPL hair removal. I am soon to complete my 1800, and shall apply for the PR as a "Diplômé du Quebec".

My question is: Has anyone of you gone through the same process?

Would IELTS or TEF be necessary for the PR processing by the federal government?

Thanks.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi! I am an international student with a DEP in esthetics, and an ASP in electrolysis and laser /IPL hair removal. I am soon to complete my 1800, and shall apply for the PR as a "Diplômé du Quebec".

My question is: Has anyone of you gone through the same process?

Would IELTS or TEF be necessary for the PR processing by the federal government?

Thanks.
Have you got csq yet?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Not yet. But soon since I shall finish my studies in September of this year.
You need csq first to apply for PR from Quebec.
Also PEQ - Quebec Graduate stream is temporarily closed till 1st Nov, 2019.
Have you done any french B2 level course, test like Tefaq or TCF?

lemotivé333

Jul 29, 2019
You need csq first to apply for PR from Quebec.
Also PEQ - Quebec Graduate stream is temporarily closed till 1st Nov, 2019.
Have you done any french B2 level course, test like Tefaq or TCF?
Thank you for your response. I am fully aware of all of that. My CSQ will have to be accomplished first before the federal applicatio. My question, again, is if the federal application, after having received the CSQ, would require that I take language exams. As far as CSQ is concerned, FYI, my grades from my school (an all-french-speaking one) are enough to prove and replace my language exams.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you for your response. I am fully aware of all of that. My CSQ will have to be accomplished first before the federal applicatio. My question, again, is if the federal application, after having received the CSQ, would require that I take language exams. As far as CSQ is concerned, FYI, my grades from my school (an all-french-speaking one) are enough to prove and replace my language exams.
Good luck, if you are aware of all this stuff. At federal level you don't need any language exam.

I hope you are also aware that MIDI is randomly calling for interviews from french school students also. This process takes close to 4-5 months in total. Ignore if you are aware of this also

lemotivé333

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again! Hopefully I didn't come across as arrogant; I apologize about that.

Would you mind telling me where you based your answer on? Actually, in the list of documents to be submitted provided by canada.com ( Quebec Skilled Workers form), number 12 requirement is :

"Preuve de compétence linguistique
Depuis le 1er juillet 2012, la plupart des demandeurs semi-qualifiés et peu qualifiés de catégories des candidats
des provinces/territoires dont l'emploi se situe aux niveaux de compétence C ou D de la Classification nationale
des professions (CNP) devront passer un examen linguistique obligatoire de l'une des agences désignées :
• IELTS (le module de formation générale seulement);
• CELPIP (l'examen général seulement); et/ou
• TEF.
Vous devez inclure une copie de votre résultat d'examen linguistique avec votre demande à CIC."

Needless to say, it is quite vague how they presented it, as Quebec has never mentioned anything about PEQ and its candidates being "semi/peu qualifiés".. then let us not forget the use of "most of". I was wondering what the exceptions are.

Thanks again!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi again! Hopefully I didn't come across as arrogant; I apologize about that.

Would you mind telling me where you based your answer on? Actually, in the list of documents to be submitted provided by canada.com ( Quebec Skilled Workers form), number 12 requirement is :

"Preuve de compétence linguistique
Depuis le 1er juillet 2012, la plupart des demandeurs semi-qualifiés et peu qualifiés de catégories des candidats
des provinces/territoires dont l'emploi se situe aux niveaux de compétence C ou D de la Classification nationale
des professions (CNP) devront passer un examen linguistique obligatoire de l'une des agences désignées :
• IELTS (le module de formation générale seulement);
• CELPIP (l'examen général seulement); et/ou
• TEF.
Vous devez inclure une copie de votre résultat d'examen linguistique avec votre demande à CIC."

Needless to say, it is quite vague how they presented it, as Quebec has never mentioned anything about PEQ and its candidates being "semi/peu qualifiés".. then let us not forget the use of "most of". I was wondering what the exceptions are.

Thanks again!
You need to attach your csq, diploma and completion letter which states that you completed your studies in french.

CIC checks these documents along with medical and security only

lemotivé333

Jul 29, 2019
That is what I was thinking, too. If my Quebec does not require me to take TEF again, why would the federal do?

But what would be your interpretation of requirement number 12 in the list given by the federal gov? Let me attach the photo for you.

lemotivé333

Jul 29, 2019
Let me again just quote what they wrote in the documents control list:

"Proof of Language Proficiency
Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions
that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language
proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:
• IELTS (General Training test only),
• CELPIP (General test only), and/or
• TEF.
You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC."

May I ask you your interpretation of this text please?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017

Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions
that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language
• TEF.
You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC."

Haven't heard of it. Also my and other friends NOC is A and B so we aren't better placed to answer it.

Call IRCC as they would help much better here.

Cheers

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

• TEF.

This applies to all other provinces of CANADA, not for QUEBEC.

Cheers,

Reactions: lemotivé333

lemotivé333

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Thank you for your response. I wish they had indicated this in the list though, so as not to cause confusion. Would you mind telling me where this information was obtained (that this does not apply to QUEBEC)?

Thanks a lot!

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! Thank you for your response. I wish they had indicated this in the list though, so as not to cause confusion. Would you mind telling me where this information was obtained (that this does not apply to QUEBEC)?

Thanks a lot!
Hi there,

Please carefully check the document checklist section.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5690e.pdf
It clearly indicates next to Point 12 : " Format: Copy "
"PNC: [ ] "

"QSW" no box for QSW.

Reactions: Immstu