+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Requirements- Spouse

d_d_canada

Oct 30, 2017
Sask
Hi All,

Me and my wife applying for the citizenship.I do have IELTS results certificate from 2012 (PR), so I am guessing that is good enough for me to apply.
But for my wife to apply, she has a Degree certificate from India. But the certificate doesn't mention medium of study is in English. The certificate is printed in both language English and her local language. As she completed the degree 7 years ago, its very hard to get a letter from her college, which states her medium of study is in English. But we are trying to get it. Mean while we are trying to use any of government funded language services (we are from SK) to get the language assessment certificate.

My question are
Did anyone apply just with Degree certificate? Please share your experience.
Is there any government (Sask) funded Language tests I could take other than IELTS and CELPIP. (
(The reason behind above question is Cost(saves 200$ to 300$), Time and effort. )
Can I get her degree certificate attested by lawyer or Notary to certify her medium of study in English?

I appreciate any feed back and thanks for effort.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi All,

Me and my wife applying for the citizenship.I do have IELTS results certificate from 2012 (PR), so I am guessing that is good enough for me to apply.
But for my wife to apply, she has a Degree certificate from India. But the certificate doesn't mention medium of study is in English. The certificate is printed in both language English and her local language. As she completed the degree 7 years ago, its very hard to get a letter from her college, which states her medium of study is in English. But we are trying to get it. Mean while we are trying to use any of government funded language services (we are from SK) to get the language assessment certificate.

My question are
Is there any government (Sask) funded Language tests I could take other than IELTS and CELPIP. (
(The reason behind above question is Cost(saves 200$ to 300$), Time and effort. )
Can I get her degree certificate attested by lawyer or Notary to certify her medium of study in English?

AFAIK, medium needs to be printed on the degree/transcript. Simply document printed in English is not good enough. I read here several applications get returned for this reason.

Not sure about govt. funded courses, someone with experience can help you out.

Reactions: d_d_canada

Asish

Star Member
Mar 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
10-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Heard from my friends,

Their recommendation is to take CELPIP - LS exam, that is Listing and Speaking. The cost is around $200. You will be able to get the score report in 2weeks.

vgpl

Jun 22, 2012
Hi All,

My question are

Instruction Guide says

Have you completed or are you currently attending a secondary or post-secondary program, in French or in English, in Canada or abroad?

Do you have 10th & 12th certificates which states the medium of instruction? If yes, then you could apply with that.

Seniors: Please correct me if I'm wrong.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
hi,
i have used degree certificate printed in English and transcript from India. Nowhere it specifically says that the language of instruction was English.

I have applied and awaiting AOR. will update you on my case.

Prodip

Oct 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
22-04-2010
File Transfer...
23-04-2012
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2012
I used my wife's university certificate . But I managed to get a separate letter from her university stating that the medium of instruction was in English. It was enough.

d_d_canada

Oct 30, 2017
Sask
Good to know, we are trying to get the letter, but I was hoping someone would already applied with Certificate and got their AOR

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Anyone from India who have managed to get the letter from University of Calcutta? if so, can you please advice how to do that. My wife graduate from UoC but do not have the letter.

sniper2

Jun 2, 2014
I used my wife's university certificate . But I managed to get a separate letter from her university stating that the medium of instruction was in English. It was enough.
Hi prodip,

Did you send the original the letter (medium of instruction) or you sent a photocopy and kept the original for the interview?
Thx

amfah12

Star Member
Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
03-05-2011
File Transfer...
12-05-2010
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
03-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
11-11-2014
Hi

I did IELTS in 2010 and sent original with my immigration application. Now will its copy work with Citizenship application?

My wife completed CLB course from one of registered institute but they issued certificate (filled by hand). Will that work or do I need to get it issued from any govt. office / institute?

Last edited: