+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Requirements- Spouse

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
No CELPIP-LS.. I couldn't find IELTS dates soon enough..
Tell here that there's no need to worry or prepare... The English level needed is very basic for the Citizenship (CLB 4 if I remember right). Tell her just to do the practice example to familiarize with the structure.

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
Hi All,

Me and my wife applying for the citizenship.I do have IELTS results certificate from 2012 (PR), so I am guessing that is good enough for me to apply.
But for my wife to apply, she has a Degree certificate from India. But the certificate doesn't mention medium of study is in English. The certificate is printed in both language English and her local language. As she completed the degree 7 years ago, its very hard to get a letter from her college, which states her medium of study is in English. But we are trying to get it. Mean while we are trying to use any of government funded language services (we are from SK) to get the language assessment certificate.

My question are
Did anyone apply just with Degree certificate? Please share your experience.
Is there any government (Sask) funded Language tests I could take other than IELTS and CELPIP. (
(The reason behind above question is Cost(saves 200$ to 300$), Time and effort. )
Can I get her degree certificate attested by lawyer or Notary to certify her medium of study in English?

I appreciate any feed back and thanks for effort.
Just send a copy of the certificates , high school and Degree along with a cover letter addressed to the Case office , CIC explaining that the education was in English and all the instruction were all in English. That should be good enough. She should have average fluency in English during the interview. I did the same for my spouse and it was enough for the process.