AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
I'm an OINP nominee with NOC A 2175 and the paper based PNP applicants, I've got the AOR in April 2017, and waiting for the medical request.

My immigrant consultant told me that, I do not need a IELTS score, since it is not a requirement for the paper based PNP applicants.

However I've seen some of the applicants said, they had to submit the IELTS score.

Is there anyone can share the thoughts? What should I do?

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I'm an OINP nominee with NOC A 2175 and the paper based PNP applicants, I've got the AOR in April 2017, and waiting for the medical request.

My immigrant consultant told me that, I do not need a IELTS score, since it is not a requirement for the paper based PNP applicants.

However I've seen some of the applicants said, they had to submit the IELTS score.

Is there anyone can share the thoughts? What should I do?
You need to check the criteria of your stream pnp. If they have it as requirement, then you need to put it in ur PR application.

For example, AINP with noc o,a,b you don't need to sumit english cert. for PR application.

twarpdev

Apr 20, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
Nomination.....
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
You need to check the criteria of your stream pnp. If they have it as requirement, then you need to put it in ur PR application.

For example, AINP with noc o,a,b you don't need to sumit english cert. for PR application.
Thanks for your reply.
CIC has very confusing explanation on this. They only explain it for NOC C and D, but nothing for A.
And as you can see the red color verbose, nomination spreadsheet, so the bottom line is we never know until CIC tells you about it.

Who must undergo language testing
As of July 1, 2012, most Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applicants in National Occupation Classification (NOC) Skill Levels C and D occupations will be required to undergo mandatory language testing and achieve a minimum standard of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 in each of the four abilities (listening, speaking, reading and writing) prior to obtaining a provincial nomination certificate.

Applicants will also be required to include a copy of their language test results when submitting their paper-based application for permanent residence to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

PNP applicants who have been nominated under an Express Entry stream must undergo language testing. Individuals must indicate their test result scores in their Express Entry profile and in their electronic application for permanent residence. Test results must be valid in both instances. In Express Entry, test results are validated electronically with the testing agency, so PNP applicants are not required to upload a copy of their test results as part of a complete application.

Recognised language testing agencies
To be considered valid, the applicant’s language test results must be from one the following testing agencies:
  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (General Training stream);
  • Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-General); or
  • Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) (to test proficiency in French).
The monthly nomination spreadsheet submitted to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia by Provinces and Territories (PTs) has been updated, and starting in July 2012, will contain a new column titled “Test required?”

When the Centralized Intake Office reviews each NOC C and D Provincial Nominee Program application for completeness, they will use the “Test required?” column in the nomination spreadsheet to determine whether valid language test results should be included in the application.

The following explains when an applicant must include a language assessment with their application and what to do if it is required and not included:

• If the province or territory selected “yes” in the “Test required”, then the applicant must include a copy of the language test with their application in addition to all other documents listed in the document checklist for Provincial Nominee Program applicants, in order for it to be considered a complete application.
  • If an application for permanent residence for which a PT selected “yes” in the “Test Required?” column does not include a copy of valid language test results, then the application will be considered incomplete and the Central Intake Office will return the entire application package to the applicant.
  • If the province or territory selected “no” in the “Test Required”, then the province or territory has determined that the applicant meets one of the exceptions and the applicant is not required to include a copy of language test results with their application for permanent residence.
To determine the equivalency between an applicant’s language test scores and Canadian Language Benchmark levels, please see Language test equivalency charts.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
You are OINP int student w job offer right. I just checked for you. You do not need English cert. so you can relax now :) good luck.

twarpdev

Apr 20, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
Nomination.....
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
You are OINP int student w job offer right. I just checked for you. You do not need English cert. so you can relax now :) good luck.
Thanks so much for your kind help, but I'm an OINP nominee with Foreign Worker – Employer Job Offer Stream.

twarpdev

Apr 20, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
Nomination.....
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018

Rmin62

Dec 6, 2017
hi,
I got nominee for SINP (Saskatchewan-category OID), now I have to apply for CIC (paper based) and my NOC is B, My question is whether I must be required to include a copy of my language test results or not? as my Ielts test will be expired very soon.
Thanks,

Reactions: Joizzy

Lolalola

Jul 13, 2019
hi,
I got nominee for SINP (Saskatchewan-category OID), now I have to apply for CIC (paper based) and my NOC is B, My question is whether I must be required to include a copy of my language test results or not? as my Ielts test will be expired very soon.
Thanks,
Please can u share what happened with you .I got the same nomination from SINP my ilets now is expired ,I need to know if I have to take another language test?

Makky

Feb 3, 2018
In God I trust
Please can u share what happened with you .I got the same nomination from SINP my ilets now is expired ,I need to know if I have to take another language test?

Hello,
Please how did you go about this scenario. Did you submit a test result? Please help out. I have been searching on the internet to know if one needs to submit English test score for paper-based PR as the one used for SINP nomination has expired