+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Proof - Certificate in English Language Foundation

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Steel Detailer said:
I'm sorry but I opt to disagree with you "pie_vancouver" saying that only Diplomas or Degrees in ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRIES are acceptable. CIC is accepting all Diplomas/Degrees or just even English Courses taken from all countries as long as it taken using English language as the major form of communication in any Universities/Schools around the world. Having said that all Diplomas/Degrees from all countries are accepted if it's written in English. My proof is based on my experience - I used my Philippines Diploma/Degree as my Language Proof Doc. No issues at all. Cheers :)
Is your university well known in Asia and known to provide instructions in English? I won't necessarily say that all diploma/degrees from any country will be accepted. To say something is true based on your experience (just one sample from over 200,000 people who apply for citizenship every year) is misleading and could lead others to see their applications delayed because of that.

Ray

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
raymasa said:
Is your university well known in Asia and known to provide instructions in English? I won't necessarily say that all diploma/degrees from any country will be accepted. To say something is true based on your experience (just one sample from over 200,000 people who apply for citizenship every year) is misleading and could lead others to see their applications delayed because of that.

Ray
It doesn't need to be well know University or whatever "CANADA is a country that doesn't DISCRIMINATES" It clearly says in their Website (CIC) as long as it is ENGLISH COURSE taken in Canada or Abroad in a Diploma, Degree or Certificate FORM. Here is the link to see for yourself what form of proof of language they are accepting. cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#language
I don't intend to mislead anyone here we're all wanting our applications be processed in a speedy manner. Also based on my experienced my University/Diploma or Certificate is not well know in the Philippines, in fact it's not included in the TOP 10 University/Schools in the Philippines alone. I only followed what the CIC website says and no hesitation I used my credentials. If still in doubt just call CIC guys. and forget about what works for me. I am sorry guys if I misled anyone here. :(

And PLEASE read carefully my first "OPINION/MESSAGE HERE" I said clearly that Any Diploma/Degree/certificate that is written in ENGLISH - finishing up English courses or whatever. Having said this, I passed the citizenship test because I read the instruction very carefully as well and it helps.

P.S. since I am not allowed to post link here just add www before the cic.gc.ca for you guys to be able to see the link I posted above.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Steel Detailer said:
It doesn't need to be well know University or whatever "CANADA is a country that doesn't DISCRIMINATES" It clearly says in their Website (CIC) as long as it is ENGLISH COURSE taken in Canada or Abroad in a Diploma, Degree or Certificate FORM. Here is the link to see for yourself what form of proof of language they are accepting. cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#language
I don't intend to mislead anyone here we're all wanting our applications be processed in a speedy manner. Also based on my experienced my University/Diploma or Certificate is not well know in the Philippines, in fact it's not included in the TOP 10 University/Schools in the Philippines alone. I only followed what the CIC website says and no hesitation I used my credentials. If still in doubt just call CIC guys. and forget about what works for me. I am sorry guys if I misled anyone here. :(

And PLEASE read carefully my first "OPINION/MESSAGE HERE" I said clearly that Any Diploma/Degree/certificate that is written in ENGLISH - finishing up English courses or whatever. Having said this, I passed the citizenship test because I read the instruction very carefully as well and it helps.

P.S. since I am not allowed to post link here just add www before the cic.gc.ca for you guys to be able to see the link I posted above.
Thanks for the link Steel. Yes you are right and I stand corrected. From the link, CIC will accept diploma, degree or transcript if it shows that the instructions were in English.

Thanks again for the information and the link

Ray

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
raymasa said:
By "educational documents" you mean your diploma or degree from an English speaking country? or just an English course?

As others have pointed out it has to be a degree or diploma or IELTS/CELPIP/LINC.

Stellahello, if your brother is going to use a certificate of his foundation course, he may want to call CIC to make sure its acceptable. Don't risk it, especially with with rules coming into force next year, you don't want to delay the application and fall into the new rules.

Ray
yes my education is from English speaking country.