+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Langara College May 2020 Intake

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Yes..I am enrolled in pdd accounting. My intake is January 2020. Btw..where are you from?

Woah congrats im from the philippines. I have not taken my ielts but im scheduled on june 23 so as soon as i get the result i will apply immediately hope to see you in langara

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
Yeah I know accounting program is for 6 consecutive semesters, that's 3 semesters a year without any scheduled breaks but why nervous about a subject which you have already studied in undergrad? Even I will be working part time. One drawback-students of accounting program will not be able to take advantage of "full time work during regularly scheduled breaks" concept. But that's alright for me as I want to build a career in my field of interest. Also I have heard somewhere that Accounting students get like a 2 week break after each semester as they don't get any scheduled breaks like other students. And best of luck for your IELTS!! I am from India.

Reactions: dncm15

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
Actually the program fee is per credit basis for my program and it's CAD 565 per credit for me. Yearly 30 credits, so it's CAD 16950 per year..I have paid CAD 12097 as asked by the college to qualify for sds visa program.

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Oh I see... when did you start your application in langara? Sorry i have many questions, im really nervous :( haha

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
I started my application process by mid Feb and got LoA on April 13th. It's alright, you can ask your questions here, anyone will answer..

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
I started my application process by mid Feb and got LoA on April 13th. It's alright, you can ask your questions here, anyone will answer..
Hello... Have you started your visa application already? Do you need to apply for visa as soon as your accepted to your school?

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
Hello... Have you started your visa application already? Do you need to apply for visa as soon as your accepted to your school?
If you have your visa related documents all set, you can apply immediately. And I am yet to start my visa filing process. I have to purchase gic & also get upfront medical test done & then apply for visa. May be by end of June I will start the process.

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
If you have your visa related documents all set, you can apply immediately. And I am yet to start my visa filing process. I have to purchase gic & also get upfront medical test done & then apply for visa. May be by end of June I will start the process.
Oh i see.. Alright wishing you good luck on your visa application! :)

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
Hi again :) i just want to ask how much did you declare on your financial requirements? Thank you:)
I have not declared or shown any financials while applying to college and it was not asked by the college also. But since I have to show it while applying for visa, I will be showing CAD 12100 college fee paid receipt, GIC- CAD 10250 , approx. CAD 7000 of bank study loan sanction and father's last 3 years IT returns. But since I will be applying under sds, only fee receipt & gic will be sufficient I think.

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
I have not declared or shown any financials while applying to college and it was not asked by the college also. But since I have to show it while applying for visa, I will be showing CAD 12100 college fee paid receipt, GIC- CAD 10250 , approx. CAD 7000 of bank study loan sanction and father's last 3 years IT returns. But since I will be applying under sds, only fee receipt & gic will be sufficient I think.
How did you acquire the bank study loan?