+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing With Withdrawn Charge

sngmng

Jul 8, 2018
GTA
Hi does anyone have any experience on landing with a withdrawn charge?

I have a withdrawn assault charge in 2014 and I am planning to cross the border to land in the next few days. Heard that CSBA will ask if you have ever been convicted/charged. Should I answer yes or no? RCMP report came back showing assault - withdrawn by regional police.

Will this affect my landing and PR card process?

Kindly advise. Many thanks.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi does anyone have any experience on landing with a withdrawn charge?

I have a withdrawn assault charge in 2014 and I am planning to cross the border to land in the next few days. Heard that CSBA will ask if you have ever been convicted/charged. Should I answer yes or no? RCMP report came back showing assault - withdrawn by regional police.

Will this affect my landing and PR card process?

Kindly advise. Many thanks.
Hi there,

Yes CBSA officers have to ask you that, and at some point they will. If you say no, then you are misrepresenting, and that is landing denial right there! The best is to tell the truth. Carry a copy of your RCMP report with you and explain your situation thoroughly. Since you never were charged, I doubt that it will pose any problems for your landing.

Always tell the truth. Especially to authorities.

All the best mate,

sngmng

Jul 8, 2018
GTA
Hi there,

Yes CBSA officers have to ask you that, and at some point they will. If you say no, then you are misrepresenting, and that is landing denial right there! The best is to tell the truth. Carry a copy of your RCMP report with you and explain your situation thoroughly. Since you never were charged, I doubt that it will pose any problems for your landing.

Always tell the truth. Especially to authorities.

All the best mate,
Absolutely agree with you.
Thanks for the advice!