+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing with recently expired status

Mykim7

Jun 3, 2016
Hello friend.

I was an AB nominee applicant. Processing my application took nearly 2.5 years (Oct 2016-Apr 2019). Now that the weather is nice you can go on a road trip with your family to AB's southern border to flagpole, unless you are planning to fly.

I wish you and your family all the best.
Oh, first of all, thanks millions about your warm wishes. I am so sorry for the delay in my reply. I was a bit hectic to prepare for something urgent. For you, I think PR approval means a lot then. It is really surprising to know it took 2.5 years. I am not sure why, but most of people get it easy but some got really trouble and painful situation.

I feel we finally have Spring. But after a long weekend, it will get cool again. If I ever got PR approval, I will shortly visit the US and come back then. But for now, I am not positive on my case would get approval. Once again, thank you very much for all your kind replies with helpful information. Blessings.

Dannyboy-abd

Mar 8, 2017
Hello all. This is an inquiry from senior members of the house on behalf of a close friend. He applied in December 2018 for PR under the CEC stream INLAND, he is the primary applicant, and all stages are almost passed. He was on PGWP and his wife on OWP. He unfortunately did not submit an extension for his spouse's OWP on time when he applied for his BOWP. Therefore, the spouse's OWP expired, and they had to apply for a restoration of her status and work permit. She also had to stop working immediately.He is waiting for his approval of his BOWP , while the spouse is waiting for her restoration of status and OWP approval. Now they are waiting for a final decision on their PR application, as well as the decision on the spouse's restoration. I tried explaining to him that he has taken the right step, and i don't see anything going wrong with his PR application because of his spouse's application for restoration. I told him I believe his PR application which is almost completed should go smoothly, and when he goes for landing, he can present evidence that he had applied for a restoration of his wife's status if they asked. He is freaking out. Opinions please