Med's Done....
March 2012 Files received by CHC-I on April 4, and April 14th 2012
Passport Req..
October 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012 -passport returned November 22
LANDED..........
December 3, 2012
I am going to be returning to Toronto this weekend and my husband will be with me to make his first official landing on Canadian soil as a PR. One question that I cant seem to find an answer to is will I be able to accompany him throughout the immigration process? What I mean is, can I tag along while he fills out his PR package and goes through the different customs stations? Or will I have to see him on the other side after baggage claim?

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
RougeAmour said:
I am going to be returning to Toronto this weekend and my husband will be with me to make his first official landing on Canadian soil as a PR. One question that I cant seem to find an answer to is will I be able to accompany him throughout the immigration process? What I mean is, can I tag along while he fills out his PR package and goes through the different customs stations? Or will I have to see him on the other side after baggage claim?
If I am not wrong yes you can be with him all along his Immigration Process...Just follow with him when the Immigration officer guides him to the next process...It should not be a problem...Good luck

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
I believe tahsinmohammad is correct in what he says providing you are on the same flight and accompanying him to the immigration hall/room. I am not 100% convinced you are physically allowed in the room at the same time though. Would be curious to see what others say. I thought the landing interview had to be done in isolation. I don't believe it is a long process though.

Congrats and good luck :D

NS021

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RougeAmour said:
I think you will be able to.
My friend did the same thing wih her husband in March this year, and she was with him all the time when they landed, at the Immigration Office at the airport, etc...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
I think it really depends on the officer... and the places. In some airports the officer will insist on having only the person landing in the room, and nobody else, in another case the sponsor is invited as well - that was my case... My partner came along and sat with me the whole time, but we had a very nice border officer - very chatty and joking, so probably that helps!
But in any case - the landing interview is not an "interview" (no tricky questions etc), but more to check that the information is correct - are you still married, is that your address, do you have your passport ( and the COPR if you're from a visa-exempt country), please sign here and there... nothing to be worried about for sure.
Good luck, and welcome to Canada! :)
Sweden

RougeAmour

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
November 2010
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
October 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
December 3, 2012
Thank you all for your responses. It takes a load off my mind!
One more question I had was, will he require a Visa to visit the united states while he is a PR? He is from Pakistan and isnt visa-exempt. I was hoping the PR card would allow him visa-free entry across the border.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
For sure he will certainly need a visa for the U.S. If and when he becomes a citizen then that might change but 100% he will need a visa at the minute.

He will be using his Pakistan passport to travel across borders, so it is highly likely most western world countries if not all will require a visa.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
RougeAmour said:
Thank you all for your responses. It takes a load off my mind!
One more question I had was, will he require a Visa to visit the united states while he is a PR? He is from Pakistan and isnt visa-exempt. I was hoping the PR card would allow him visa-free entry across the border.
No - it won't. He will have to apply for a visa. IF you wait a little ( not apply jsut when he arrives) and build first ties to Canada before applying, it might make the process easier, but he still will have to apply for a visa.
Good luck,
Sweden

RougeAmour

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
November 2010
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
October 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
December 3, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
For sure he will certainly need a visa for the U.S. If and when he becomes a citizen then that might change but 100% he will need a visa at the minute.

He will be using his Pakistan passport to travel across borders, so it is highly likely most western world countries if not all will require a visa.
Thank you for clarifying, we'll look into it further :)