+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing with connecting flight. what about baggage claim at PoE?

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, if luggage is checked to final destination, how does one go about claiming it at Pearson International to show CBSA on arrival during transit?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Normally, you should be claiming your baggage at the arrival hall, then put it into a "Domestic Transit" belt.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If arriving on an international flight You pass through immigration, collect your luggage for custom inspection, then drop it off at the connections desk. and make your way to the gate for your connecting flight. All explained here on the Pearson site and a standard process for most airports.

https://www.torontopearson.com/Connecting.aspx#

marvelcomics

May 31, 2019
Could anyone here please share their travel experiences to Canada specially for new immigrants like myself ? I really want to know how to arrange my flight plans.I want to buy the flight tickets from İstanbul to Vancouver with possible layover in Toronto.I have 2 possible options: one is with very tight layover duration (only 2 hours) and another with 13 hours layover duration. I will deeply appreciate anyone’s experience/opinion about what is the right and safer option to be used. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Could anyone here please share their travel experiences to Canada specially for new immigrants like myself ? I really want to know how to arrange my flight plans.I want to buy the flight tickets from İstanbul to Vancouver with possible layover in Toronto.I have 2 possible options: one is with very tight layover duration (only 2 hours) and another with 13 hours layover duration. I will deeply appreciate anyone’s experience/opinion about what is the right and safer option to be used. Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Really do not recommend a 2-hour layover for a PR landing--4 hours is generally advised in case of flight delays and airport queues.

Even if someone was successfully able to make it in 2 hours, there's no predicting the circumstances of your flight or landing.

Go for the 12 hours and tour Toronto (hopefully it's not in the middle of the night when everything is closed) with the UP Express train from Pearson.