+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing via Montreal

canada2

Dec 10, 2013
My POE is Toronto. However, would like to fly to Montreal and then take the Bus/Train to Ottawa/Toronto and complete the landing formalities.

Reason being my Children are studying in Montreal and I would be landing for a week to complete the procedures. So easier to fly in & out of Montreal and spend time with children. They will complete their landing later on (Vacation)
Is this an accepted practice and any special requirements to go via Montreal to Ontario for landing procedures?

Also would like to know if landing procedures can be completed via land border crossings.

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
canada2 said:
My POE is Toronto. However, would like to fly to Montreal and then take the Bus/Train to Ottawa/Toronto and complete the landing formalities.

Reason being my Children are studying in Montreal and I would be landing for a week to complete the procedures. So easier to fly in & out of Montreal and spend time with children. They will complete their landing later on (Vacation)
Is this an accepted practice and any special requirements to go via Montreal to Ontario for landing procedures?

Also would like to know if landing procedures can be completed via land border crossings.

Thanks
This is not an option. You "land" at whichever is the first POE that you come to. If you fly internationally into Montreal, that is where you will "land".

What you could do, I suppose, is enter as a "visitor" and then flagpole at Niagara for example. However, if you are bringing stuff with you on a B4, you might have problems. You would have to pass the normal "visitor" scrutiny and you could be bounced. Of course, if you are not visa-exempt, and you don't have anything other than an IM-1 visa in your passport, I think that you have to land at the very first POE anyway.

canada2

Dec 10, 2013
Zardoz, Thanks.
I had read in an earlier post by Qorax that we can Land in Montreal even though COPR mentions POE as Toronto.
So just to be sure, would like to know can I complete my landing in Montreal, spend time with my kids and then proceed to Toronto to complete all other formalities(SIN etc)

*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE).

Apologies for repeating the question..Thanks

faatir

Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2011
AOR Received.
01-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-09-2013
LANDED..........
In Mid April
One of my friend landed in Montreal although his COPR mention POE as Calgary last month.
All landing formalities completed at Montreal Airport.
Then he moved forward Calgary.

The only thing he mentioned that one must have enough time for landing formalities at Montreal Airport.
BTW he took QatarAirways from Lahore-Doha-Montreal-Calagary