Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
I am Waiting
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
I recently got PPR stamped. I may travel in June.

I live in USA. My car has a loan on it. Can i take with loan if i get NOC from loan bank?
I need car because I keep visiting USA and canada via car because of my job, can i keep my car with usa loan and continue tavelling with out importing it?
Do we need to payoff the loan inorder to import the car?
Is USA credit history works in Canada as well? for buying car there?

FSW_Applicant

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-Sep-2015
Congratulations on your recent PPR!

The answer to all your questions is http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-take-a-car-from-us-to-canada-t17906.0.html

I live in USA. My car has a loan on it. Can i take with loan if i get NOC from loan bank? If you are landing and coming back, you can take your car, else you need to import it
I need car because I keep visiting USA and canada via car because of my job, can i keep my car with usa loan and continue tavelling with out importing it?Same as above
Do we need to payoff the loan inorder to import the car?Yes, you need a clear title in order to import the car
Is USA credit history works in Canada as well? for buying car there? Unfortunately, our US credit history does not translate automatically to Canada. However, there are some steps that other forum members have suggested in order to get a lower rate of interest. You will have to get a copy of your credit report and provide it to the lender and hope that they acknowledge it

Vijay_Kumar

Jul 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
02-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
I am Waiting
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
FSW_Applicant said:
Congratulations on your recent PPR!

The answer to all your questions is http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-take-a-car-from-us-to-canada-t17906.0.html

I live in USA. My car has a loan on it. Can i take with loan if i get NOC from loan bank? If you are landing and coming back, you can take your car, else you need to import it
I need car because I keep visiting USA and canada via car because of my job, can i keep my car with usa loan and continue tavelling with out importing it?Same as above
Do we need to payoff the loan inorder to import the car?Yes, you need a clear title in order to import the car
Is USA credit history works in Canada as well? for buying car there? Unfortunately, our US credit history does not translate automatically to Canada. However, there are some steps that other forum members have suggested in order to get a lower rate of interest. You will have to get a copy of your credit report and provide it to the lender and hope that they acknowledge it
thank you :)

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
There is an indirect way your credit history is transferred. My friend and I landed at the same time from US. He had COSTCO membership in US, and I did not. We both applied for COSTCO Amex (now master card) and mine got rejected and his got accepted.
There are newcomer credit cards provided by banks. I got one of them.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
kumbu.bumbu said:
There is an indirect way your credit history is transferred. My friend and I landed at the same time from US. He had COSTCO membership in US, and I did not. We both applied for COSTCO Amex (now master card) and mine got rejected and his got accepted.
There are newcomer credit cards provided by banks. I got one of them.
not really. the only way to "transfer" credit is when you already have credit card in the us and that company happens to have a "sister" card in canada. people have reported being able to exchange cards from a us one to a canadian one. it doesn't change the fact your credit starts at 0 when you move to canada. generally, the only way newcomers can get credit cards is through newcomer programs at banks.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
not really. the only way to "transfer" credit is when you already have credit card in the us and that company happens to have a "sister" card in canada. people have reported being able to exchange cards from a us one to a canadian one. it doesn't change the fact your credit starts at 0 when you move to canada. generally, the only way newcomers can get credit cards is through newcomer programs at banks.
I had an amex card in US with great credit history. Still mine was denied.
My friend got his Canadian Amex card approved. But he got it approved at COSTCO. Yes it is to start with 0 history in Canada. But it got approved based on his COSTCO history in US. Not Amex history.

Just information. Not to prove my point.