+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing - Urgent

angiea

Jun 15, 2020
Hello,

Could someone help me with the following issue about my landing in a few days? My CoPR states that the city of destination is Ottawa, ON. Can I land in Quebec (Montreal) and drive to Ottawa? Or there will be an issue if the POE is in a different province from the one stated in my CoPR (and especially Quebec)?

Thanks so much!
Angie

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello,

Could someone help me with the following issue about my landing in a few days? My CoPR states that the city of destination is Ottawa, ON. Can I land in Quebec (Montreal) and drive to Ottawa? Or there will be an issue if the POE is in a different province from the one stated in my CoPR (and especially Quebec)?

Thanks so much!
Angie
You can enter from wherever you want. That’s not a problem at all. You can tell them exactly what you said here about driving to Ottawa if they ask.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

No issue, Montreal is a main entry airport for lots of other parts of Canada outside Quebec and the officers there know that. Just tell them you're settling in Ottawa, and heading there as soon as you can (I don't know the covid protocols now).

angiea

Jun 15, 2020
No issue, Montreal is a main entry airport for lots of other parts of Canada outside Quebec and the officers there know that. Just tell them you're settling in Ottawa, and heading there as soon as you can (I don't know the covid protocols now).
Thanks!! That's reassuring. Fully vaccinated with a valid quarantine plan in place are currently allowed to enter. I was mostly worried about the extra Certificat de selection du Quebec requirement for landing in Quebec (although I'm not going to reside in Quebec), and possibly any issues with boarding in Air Canada from EU with a CoPR letter that states Ottawa as the final destination.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks!! That's reassuring. Fully vaccinated with a valid quarantine plan in place are currently allowed to enter. I was mostly worried about the extra Certificat de selection du Quebec requirement for landing in Quebec (although I'm not going to reside in Quebec), and possibly any issues with boarding in Air Canada from EU with a CoPR letter that states Ottawa as the final destination.
You won't have any issues, montreal is the main airport people in Ottawa use for international. (Remember, during covid, Ottawa airport wasn't even taking international flights)

Reactions: angiea

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Hello,

Thanks so much!
Angie
Hi Angie,

Can you please tell me how your process went? I am probably going to have to land in Montreal then either drive or take a flight to Toronto.
Thank you.