+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing tips...and arriving with a pet!

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Hello guys,

I hope this is the right forum section to discuss this particular topic.

I'm planning to land sometime next month, in Toronto most likely. What kind of documentation do I need to provide to the immigration officer? Show them the passport stamp, the COPR form, anything else?

What about proof of funds? Will a bank letter with balance amount suffice, or do I need to bring along account statements?

Also, I'm planning on bringing along one of my good animal friends :) I was wondering if anyone had experiences of traveling and arriving with a furry friend? I have spoken to people here about the paperwork to allow my cat to board the plane, and I'm looking at airlines that allow him on board. What about when I arrive in Canada? Any further procedures?

Thanks!

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Bump.

I know these are oft-repeated questions (particularly the part about the landing), and I've looked up some previous threads for information, but if anyone has any recent perspectives or advice, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

microntek

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome, Italy
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-03-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
30-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-12-2017
I'm planning to land sometime next month, in Toronto most likely. What kind of documentation do I need to provide to the immigration officer? Show them the passport stamp, the COPR form, anything else?

What about proof of funds? Will a bank letter with balance amount suffice, or do I need to bring along account statements?
Given you are a Skilled Worker:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/prepare-arrival.html

Also, I'm planning on bringing along one of my good animal friends :) I was wondering if anyone had experiences of traveling and arriving with a furry friend? I have spoken to people here about the paperwork to allow my cat to board the plane, and I'm looking at airlines that allow him on board. What about when I arrive in Canada? Any further procedures?
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/terrestrial-animals/imports/policies/live-animals/pets/eng/1326600389775/1326600500578

Reactions: Funkdakarma

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I landed in Vancouver with my cat. The agent took a quick glance at the health certificate/rabies vaccination document & spent the rest of the time awwing over my cat. It's a very simple process. It took me longer to get my cat to acknowledge me once we were at our new home than it did to clear him through Customs.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
I landed in Vancouver with my cat. The agent took a quick glance at the health certificate/rabies vaccination document & spent the rest of the time awwing over my cat. It's a very simple process. It took me longer to get my cat to acknowledge me once we were at our new home than it did to clear him through Customs.
Thank you so much! Did you arrive in a direct flight to Vancouver?

My only worry is that with the expensive flights on offer, I might have to take a flight with a long layover in Paris. I plan to pack a harness so that I can take the cat out in designated areas and at least step out of the carrier. Also will feed it and give it water regularly.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Thank you so much! Did you arrive in a direct flight to Vancouver?

My only worry is that with the expensive flights on offer, I might have to take a flight with a long layover in Paris. I plan to pack a harness so that I can take the cat out in designated areas and at least step out of the carrier. Also will feed it and give it water regularly.
I flew from Chicago to Vancouver.

Reactions: Funkdakarma