+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Time..Financial Proof related questions

allstar

Sep 18, 2010
Thank you canadavisa.com for this great place to discuss immigration worries. I am a provincial nominee of Alberta who got PR visa. Now for landiing I have few questions. I will appreciate if everybody can put a good thought about this situation as it will help many people.

-I am Single, H1B status (I-797 not stamping), IT worker in USA and will be landing pretty soon and will be coming back for few months to USA using Automatic Visa revalidation and then moving Alberta forever.

-There are two different things and people often lump them together in general conversation. The two things are:

1). Declaration of funds at the time of landing; This means, correct me if I am wrong , that reporting CBSA that how much you are bringing ONLY IF CASH, COIN, TRAVELERS CHEQUE EXCEED 10 Thousands CAD. This means you can still gain entry by telling that I have 1200 dollars.

2). Proof of funds as a mandatory requirement; This means, correct me if I am wrong, to have a certain amount of funds for settlement which is mandatory for investment class applicants and required for FSW class applicants.

-Being a Provincial Nominee, As it is clearly mentioned in OP-7 guide at CIC.gc.ca website, candidate is not required to demonstrate any funds. If that was the case then CIC would ask for Bank statement right when you send the application to Buffalo or When AINP issues certificate. Is there any rule/law/guideline which says if immigrant is coming for 48 hours in Calgary to finish Landing Process so he must bring all 10, 15 or 20 thousand dollars to show?

-What is the point of this Funds?

-Can CBSA deny entry to an provincial nominee just because he doesn't want to bring, spend 10,000 dollars for 48 hours in Alberta?