+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING Thursday (TORONTO)…do I need a Birth Certificate?

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Potential problem? I don’t have a birth certificate handy…what I sent to the Visa Office was a copy certified by the Consulate of my country in my current country of residence. I just found out they sometimes as for your birth cirtifacate however I do not have it and the Consulate for my country is currently closed until the end of the month.

Should I be worried? Why would they need my b certificate anyway? I’m just going to be in Canada for three days and then leaving.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Re: LANDING Thursday (TORONTO)...do I need a Birth Certificate?

I don't think I've ever heard of a birth certificate being asked for when landing. You should be fine.

Liuzhou

Apr 11, 2009

All you need is your passport, visa and COPR.

Since it is impossible to obtain a passport and visa without a birth certificate, they should know that your birth certificate was already provided and verified.

I wonder if this happens if the passport picture is not clear, and the border patrol wants to see another piece of ID ?

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009

They asked to see my birth certificate, not sure the reason.

I'd say if it's a rare thing that they ask for it, you'll probably be fine and if they do ask for it just explain about the office being closed and that you plan on getting one as soon as they reopen.