+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing soon...Principal applicant via US/CA land transpo...family via YYZ;

CBKO

May 17, 2010
Hi there,

Just want to ask everyone's expert opinion... my family are landing by 1st week of August. My husband who is in the US (Principal Applicant) is driving from the US border via Niagara to Canada Immigration Center around lunch time... My son and I (Dependents) would be flying from Asia to YYZ airport arriving around 3PM on the same day...

Can this be done? What would be possible obstacles that we need to prepare for? Should we need anything to plan ahead? How would YYZ Immigration officer would know that our Principal Applicant already landed 2 hours ahead of us?

Please guide us in this endeavor...your inputs are highly appreciated!

Best regards,
CBKO

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
CBKO said:
Hi there,

Just want to ask everyone's expert opinion... my family are landing by 1st week of August. My husband who is in the US (Principal Applicant) is driving from the US border via Niagara to Canada Immigration Center around lunch time... My son and I (Dependents) would be flying from Asia to YYZ airport arriving around 3PM on the same day...

Can this be done? What would be possible obstacles that we need to prepare for? Should we need anything to plan ahead? How would YYZ Immigration officer would know that our Principal Applicant already landed 2 hours ahead of us?

Please guide us in this endeavor...your inputs are highly appreciated!

Best regards,
CBKO
Well as the passports and COPR carried by you n your husband will have the same File # ,showing him as principal applicant ,so if your husband lands before you at any port in Canada it must be in their system but just to be on safe side as your husband is landing by land so he should try to land atleast one day before you .As the time difference between both of your landings is very short so in order to avoid any unconvenience at the POE ,he should try for earlier landing.Atleast I would have gone for it if I were in your shoes.

Just my two cents!

CBKO

May 17, 2010
Thanks so much newcomer...just as I was thinking!

Any more inputs out there?

Very much thanks!

CBKO