+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing-Settlement question

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I work in the US and I sponsored my wife during her immigration process and she got her PR visa in February valid till her medicals expire. In one of the sponsorship questions, I indicated my willingness to move back to Canada once my wife lands in Canada. I still have a job in the U.S and I don't have any luck in getting my desired job in Canada(2 telephone interviews so far and thats it).

My question is :
Can she land in Canada right now and comeback and stay with me in the U.S next three months(I hope I'd get a job in Ontario Canada within that time frame) and our whole family can move back to Ontario once I get a job in Canada?
I've seen few friends from Skilled worker category doing that. Will it be any different since we are in the family sponsorship category?
My concern is that the immigration officer would ask us to settle in Canada immediately upon our arrival, since I'v e mentioned on her sponsorship form that I'll move with her.
We are planning to indicate to the officer about our plans if he/she asks for detail.

or If the officer indicates that she has to settle in Canada immediately, I'm planning to send my family to stay at my sister's place in Ontario and I'll commute from the U.S every week till I find a job in Ontario.

Please advise!

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Since landing your wife would be Canadian Permanent Resident she can either live in Canada or any where else. She will have problem only when extending her PR card(after initial 5 years of validity) if she does not full fill the residency obligations.