Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
10-09-2010
I was reading this thread here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36735.0.html

That confused me a lot and worried me. I was under the assumption that I bring my passport photos as outlined in the PPR email, the note about my height and eye color, and the list of goods accompanying or following.

That thread above has so much more that, for example:

For sure you must arrange a 'short-stay' accommodation prior to your landing
Do we need to find a place or simply our new address?

PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
Is this a new application just for the card after we're accepted?

Also I see this form for goods we're bringing across: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

But is there a separate form for goods following? And can those goods cross a couple months after?

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I can answer most of your questions...

You do not have to arrange a short-stay accommodation, you can land and leave if you want to (typically it is only Americans driving across the border who do this though). But I suspect people landing from great distances might plan ahead and find some place to stay.

What you do need is an address in Canada where your PR card will be mailed. If you have one, then you don't need the application form; you just give the information at landing (see below). If you don't have one yet, you can inform the IO at landing then use the application form to apply for your card once you have a mailing address.

You can use the B4 form for BOTH goods accompanying and goods to follow (and yes, they can follow months later, no problem). BUT, you will need to make 2 separate lists: one for accompanying at landing and one for following.

Basic needs at landing are your photos, passport with visa, lists of personal goods to import (the stuff mentioned in your letter). Landing is pretty easy and straightforward considering the process you've been through thus far. You answer some questions (has your family composition changed, what is your mailing address, height and eye color as you mentioned, etc). The IO will type some stuff into the computer, print it and ask you to review it for accuracy and then sign it. Boom, you're done landing. Then you take your forms to customs and to file the paperwork for your goods.

Hope this helps to alleviate your fears and concerns.

Allison