+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Questions!

RV_13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Hi Friends,

I received my COPR and Visa and planning to do an initial landing to activate my PR this Friday from the US. I will be returning back in a week and then move permanently later in the month or next and wrapping up stuffs here. I have a few questions:

1) I am planning to take the bus as it is a short journey for me to Toronto - should that be fine?
2) Do i need to fill out any forms beforehand for any items I am bringing now?
3) I will be bringing my remaining goods later on the 2nd trip - is there a declaration I have to make now for that? On any specific form or just a piece of paper?
4) When I am re-entering the next time, I would not still have the PR Card I assume. What is the best option to travel then? I know I cannot take a bus but should renting a car from an agency that operates in both US and Canada work? I can then drop the vehicle in Canada? Note: I am not from any Visa-Exempt country

Please let me know your thoughts! Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Yes
2. And 3. You can fill out a B4 and B4A to declare your goods accompanying and following later. They will be tax and customs exempt.
4. You can either travel in a private vehicle and use your CoPR to re-enter Canada, or apply for a PRTD in USA if you want to travel commercial.

RV_13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Doda said:
1. Yes
2. And 3. You can fill out a B4 and B4A to declare your goods accompanying and following later. They will be tax and customs exempt.
4. You can either travel in a private vehicle and use your CoPR to re-enter Canada, or apply for a PRTD in USA if you want to travel commercial.
Thanks Doda!

Where will I get the B4 and B4A forms?
So you mean renting a car is not allowed? Will that not be considered private vehicle?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can download the B4 and B4A from the CBSC site or when you land yoi can fill it out with the help of the landing officer. A rental car is a private car. I meant private vehicle is one you drive and not a mass transit.

RV_13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Doda said:
You can download the B4 and B4A from the CBSC site or when you land yoi can fill it out with the help of the landing officer. A rental car is a private car. I meant private vehicle is one you drive and not a mass transit.
Thanks Doda..it helps..i will then rent a car next time and cross the border, that will save me the waiting time for PR Card before travelling.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your welcome. Ask the officer about B4 conditions as well. Some items may not eligible. Good luck.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
RV_13 said:
Hi Friends,

I received my COPR and Visa and planning to do an initial landing to activate my PR this Friday from the US. I will be returning back in a week and then move permanently later in the month or next and wrapping up stuffs here. I have a few questions:

1) I am planning to take the bus as it is a short journey for me to Toronto - should that be fine?
2) Do i need to fill out any forms beforehand for any items I am bringing now?
3) I will be bringing my remaining goods later on the 2nd trip - is there a declaration I have to make now for that? On any specific form or just a piece of paper?
4) When I am re-entering the next time, I would not still have the PR Card I assume. What is the best option to travel then? I know I cannot take a bus but should renting a car from an agency that operates in both US and Canada work? I can then drop the vehicle in Canada? Note: I am not from any Visa-Exempt country

Please let me know your thoughts! Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Taking a bus to Toronto is fine. But you will be doing your landing formalities ( I presume at Niagara), which takes time.
Will the bus wait for you all this while? I think that's unlikely. Other passengers will mostly be Canadian or US citizens, or people with a VISA.
Their immigration check will be done in minutes, while yours can take even an hour. Consider this before you book.