+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing question

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
if your case was sent to New York City and they ask for passports, can you take them to buffalo and land there instead of sending your passports off then waiting to get them back to land?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
You can only "land" at a Canadian port of entry - not at the visa office that processes your passport.

If you were asked to send your passports to NYC, you should send them there. They're the ones that have all the information on your file. If you send your passports to Buffalo, they'll be confused for a while before they return them to you.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
Oh ok i was just wondering if i had to send them to NYC or if i could jsut drive to buffalo or would i be turned away because NYC has my file.

dallasgal8050

Star Member
Dec 5, 2007
Why do they ask for passport information? and do they keep the passports or do you send in copies?
Also tamee, where is your spouse orginally from? example....UK or United States ect.....

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
they ask for the original passports so they can put a counter foil in it for landing, also my husband is from ontario and i am from and in the USA. They send the passports back to you then you can go land at a POE

dallasgal8050

Star Member
Dec 5, 2007
Thanks Tamee,
I have been following your case, and it seemed to go rather smoothly, I hope mine goes as smooth.
We will be sending in the paperwork the end of May. I also have followed it on trackitt also.
congrats on your news!!!!

DG