+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Question

BryanL

Jul 17, 2018
I was wondering if anyone have booked appointment for COPR, but decided to go to the border after because the waiting time was too long? Anyone can share some info?

I booked my appointment on Jan 15, 2020 though email, however, I still haven't get any respond from IRCC yet. I am just thinking can I change my mind at this point?

BryanL

Jul 17, 2018
Do you have your COPR with you?
Yes I do. I checked the IRCC website, and it says "best opinion" as booking an appointment. So I chose to do so, but I dont expect it will take that long for them to respond .

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It depends. If you have your COPR you can try to flagpole. There are small risks of getting an unhappy cbsa officer who doesn't want to help, but you can mitigate by looking for the specific crossing here to find reviews or call them and ask if they have hours for flagpoling.

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
I was wondering if anyone have booked appointment for COPR, but decided to go to the border after because the waiting time was too long? Anyone can share some info?

I booked my appointment on Jan 15, 2020 though email, however, I still haven't get any respond from IRCC yet. I am just thinking can I change my mind at this point?
That sounds like me. :D
I contacted them for PR appointment at the immigration office but after 3 weeks I decided to flagpole.

BryanL

Jul 17, 2018
That sounds like me. :D
I contacted them for PR appointment at the immigration office but after 3 weeks I decided to flagpole.
Hi, so did you end up cancel your appointment? Do you need to inform IRCC before you decided to go Flagpole? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Hi, so did you end up cancel your appointment? Do you need to inform IRCC before you decided to go Flagpole? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
You do not need to inform IRCC before you flagpole.

Also, I did not cancel my appointment yet because they haven't scheduled anything. There is no option on the web form to select while canceling landing appointment and I don't want to create more inquiries from my side.
I will contact them when appointment is scheduled and I can refer that time and location mentioned in the email for cancellation.

BryanL

Jul 17, 2018
You do not need to inform IRCC before you flagpole.

Also, I did not cancel my appointment yet because they haven't scheduled anything. There is no option on the web form to select while canceling landing appointment and I don't want to create more inquiries from my side.
I will contact them when appointment is scheduled and I can refer that time and location mentioned in the email for cancellation.
Have you received your scheduled email yet?

Waqasat

Jan 30, 2020
Hi,

I sent interview scheduling email on 31st December, but still not received any reply from IRCC. I wonder if anyone else is also in the same situation.

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Hi,

I sent interview scheduling email on 31st December, but still not received any reply from IRCC. I wonder if anyone else is also in the same situation.
For landing appointment IRCC also considers your COPR expiry date. When is your COPR expiring?
If it is ending in less than two months I suggest you to contact them via webform or email again and mention your urgency.
If that fails go for flagpole.

BryanL

Jul 17, 2018
For landing appointment IRCC also considers your COPR expiry date. When is your COPR expiring?
If it is ending in less than two months I suggest you to contact them via webform or email again and mention your urgency.
If that fails go for flagpole.
I actually called IRCC regarding to this matter. The officer told me that you can inform the boarder officer and they will let IRCC office know that you will no longer require the appointment request.

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
I actually called IRCC regarding to this matter. The officer told me that you can inform the boarder officer and they will let IRCC office know that you will no longer require the appointment request.
I didn't mention it to border officer so it's likely mine's not cancelled yet...unless the processing office notices that I validated my CoPR and cancels my appointment.

BryanL

Jul 17, 2018
I didn't mention it to border officer so it's likely mine's not cancelled yet...unless the processing office notices that I validated my CoPR and cancels my appointment.
you should've tell them while you landed. But that's okay, in my opinion. Just call or email them for the cancellation if you have received one.

Reactions: arajoba