Waived
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-7-2016
Hi All,

I am planning to do landing next week on 20th July 2016 at Toronto. I live and work in NJ USA. After landing and doing the initial PR formalities I plan to comeback to US in 2-3 days. My only doubt at this time is:

Can I show my personal vehicle in the Good to follow as well? As I plan to fly on this trip.

Thanks,

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
akumar1 said:
Hi All,

I am planning to do landing next week on 20th July 2016 at Toronto. I live and work in NJ USA. After landing and doing the initial PR formalities I plan to comeback to US in 2-3 days. My only doubt at this time is:

Can I show my personal vehicle in the Good to follow as well? As I plan to fly on this trip.

Thanks,
yes you can. i answered this in the us thread.

4Canucks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
what form are you using to declare what you are bringing now and good to follow? It is to my understanding that the B4 form is now replaced?

MexiJen

Mar 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa and Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed 24/10/2016, CIC Received 26/10/2016
Doc's Request.
03/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA by E-Mail 08/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04/05/2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10/05/2016
I found this form. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.pdf
Is this what other people used.

We will be landing at YVR very late at night so we are planning to flagpole at Point Roberts the next day. My spouse won't have many of his belongings only clothes. Should he list all clothes? Also upon landing must all items be listed for the next time he brings items back?

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
MexiJen said:
I found this form. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.pdf
Is this what other people used.

We will be landing at YVR very late at night so we are planning to flagpole at Point Roberts the next day. My spouse won't have many of his belongings only clothes. Should he list all clothes? Also upon landing must all items be listed for the next time he brings items back?

Thanks
yes, that is the correct form. if your spouse is not bringing a lot of items with him, then he doesn't need to declare items at the time of landing. if he has household and personal goods that he will bring at a later date, then he needs to fill out 1 form and tick the box that says "goods to follow".

you post is a bit confusing. are you flying into YVR from outside of canada or are you flying from within? If you're flying from outside of canada, then i'm assuming your spouse's landing can be done at the vancouver airport and he can present his goods form at that point. if he does that, there will be no need to "flagpole" the next day, as he will become a PR upon entry at the airport.

i saw someone else post a similiar scenario, so now i'm wondering if YVR only does landings during certain times? it seems odd an international airport wouldn't have that available 24/7, no?

MexiJen

Mar 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa and Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed 24/10/2016, CIC Received 26/10/2016
Doc's Request.
03/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA by E-Mail 08/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04/05/2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10/05/2016
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, that is the correct form. if your spouse is not bringing a lot of items with him, then he doesn't need to declare items at the time of landing. if he has household and personal goods that he will bring at a later date, then he needs to fill out 1 form and tick the box that says "goods to follow".

you post is a bit confusing. are you flying into YVR from outside of canada or are you flying from within? If you're flying from outside of canada, then i'm assuming your spouse's landing can be done at the vancouver airport and he can present his goods form at that point. if he does that, there will be no need to "flagpole" the next day, as he will become a PR upon entry at the airport.

i saw someone else post a similiar scenario, so now i'm wondering if YVR only does landings during certain times? it seems odd an international airport wouldn't have that available 24/7, no?
Well we land after midnight from Mexico (he is american) and weren't sure how long it will take, this was our concern. When you check the box goods to follow do you have to list the items?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
MexiJen said:
Well we land after midnight from Mexico (he is american) and weren't sure how long it will take, this was our concern. When you check the box goods to follow do you have to list the items?
yes, the goods to follow form must be complete with the items on. otherwise, you would not be declaring anything. they will not let you submit a document without goods on it. that defeats the purpose of the form.

MMMPPP

Feb 22, 2016
Hi all,

my husband will be coming to Canada soon as he received his PR.
I wanted to know what he can/should not write on the list of goods form.
He will be bring food items (sweets, indian spices and dry snacks). Should he mention this on the list of goods form? and in how much detail.
I was thinking that writing food should be enough...he does not need to detail the type (spices, snacks, sweets...)

MMMPPP

mooon_23

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
24-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-09-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
MMMPPP said:
Hi all,

my husband will be coming to Canada soon as he received his PR.
I wanted to know what he can/should not write on the list of goods form.
He will be bring food items (sweets, indian spices and dry snacks). Should he mention this on the list of goods form? and in how much detail.
I was thinking that writing food should be enough...he does not need to detail the type (spices, snacks, sweets...)

MMMPPP
I would suggest that you be specific. Some foods are not allowed to enter the country so by being specific you will save yourself the trouble of customs.