+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing question

tinag

Sep 12, 2006
thinking to either drive from Buffalo, NY or Detriot, MI. Please suggest a place.

What should I tell the immigration agent if he asks me why I'm going back to USA immediatly? is it OK to tell him that I'm going back to USA immediatly?I wont be carrying any significant baggage with me

Regd the address for PR card, Can I give friends address? What should I say if the agent asks me if this is my adress or my friends address?

I wont be permenantly moving to Canada untill 2009.So do I have to apply for SIN, medical insurance # etc

torri

Dec 20, 2005
Ukraine
Hi Tinag,
I have done it recently through Buffalo.
At the border I told the officer that I would stay in Canada for couple of days and then would have to come back to the USA. But in reality, we just went to Niagara Falls and crossed the border back to the USA there.
I gave them my friend's address for PR card and they did not ask me whose address it was, I think they do not care.
As to your last question, I really do not know, but remember, to keep your PR status, you have to stay in Canada for two years in each five.
In general, Buffalo border was very easy, it took us not more than 15 minutes. So, do not worry.
I wish you good luck.

tinag

Sep 12, 2006
Thanks a lot

Which border post you would suggest near Buffalo?

Can I drive rented car from US into Canada?