+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing - Proof of Fund Query

akhare5

Jul 5, 2014
Hello

I am planning to land soon and have my VISA and COPR with me.
I already have sufficient fund lying in my Canada RBC account to meet proof of fund requirement.

Will i need anything else. I am planning to take online bank statement with me proving my balance.

Can senior advise if there will be any issue.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
akhare5 said:
Hello

I am planning to land soon and have my VISA and COPR with me.
I already have sufficient fund lying in my Canada RBC account to meet proof of fund requirement.

Will i need anything else. I am planning to take online bank statement with me proving my balance.

Can senior advise if there will be any issue.
Since you are posting under the CEC thread, I am guessing you applied under the CEC stream. In which case you are not required to show any proof of fund. However, if you did not apply under the CEC stream, then yes, a bank statement should suffice. To be safe, I would make sure the bank statement is at least for the last 3 months.

Having said that, I applied under the CEC stream and my lawyer asked me to carry the proof funds documents regardless. So I took the following:

1. Bank statement for last three months.
2. Travellers cheque payable to me directly.
3. Letter of employment.

The whole idea is to make sure that you can support yourself in Canada when you arrive. So in that case even a proof of employment will do as that grantees that you will get paid and have money to support yourself. You just have to satisfy the officer that you are all set will not depend on welfare system.

No one asked me for proof of funds when I landed. Which was expected. It was just a precaution.

Hope that helps.

P.

KNinja

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
OINP Nomination 09-02-2016 EAPR- 04-04-2016 Additonal Doc Request- 05-04-2016 Schedule 4 Submitted- 06-04-2016 Medical Passed- 06-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2016
pkssandhu said:
Since you are posting under the CEC thread, I am guessing you applied under the CEC stream. In which case you are not required to show any proof of fund. However, if you did not apply under the CEC stream, then yes, a bank statement should suffice. To be safe, I would make sure the bank statement is at least for the last 3 months.

Having said that, I applied under the CEC stream and my lawyer asked me to carry the proof funds documents regardless. So I took the following:

3. Letter of employment.

The whole idea is to make sure that you can support yourself in Canada when you arrive. So in that case even a proof of employment will do as that grantees that you will get paid and have money to support yourself. You just have to satisfy the officer that you are all set will not depend on welfare system.

Hii there
I am an Outland candidate from India and i'll b landing in canada this month. I'll b carrying some CAD currency and the rest of the funds in the form of a Travellers Cheque. Do i still need to carry my bank statement?? Actually i dont have a canadian bank account and i am planning to open one after reaching Canada. So whatever funds as per my Indian Bank Account i had shown in my application as per requirement i'll b carrying them along as cad and TCheque. Is it ok?

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
akhare5 said:
Thanks a lot !
I really helped. Appreciate it.
No problem.

Also, I documented by landing experience here if you are interested: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-at-toronto-pearson-international-airport-terminal-one-t451921.0.html;msg5448899#msg5448899

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
KNinja said:
pkssandhu said:

3. Letter of employment.

Hii there
I am an Outland candidate from India and i'll b landing in canada this month. I'll b carrying some CAD currency and the rest of the funds in the form of a Travellers Cheque. Do i still need to carry my bank statement?? Actually i dont have a canadian bank account and i am planning to open one after reaching Canada. So whatever funds as per my Indian Bank Account i had shown in my application as per requirement i'll b carrying them along as cad and TCheque. Is it ok?

Yes, that should suffice. As long as you are able to convince the officer that you will be able to support yourself in the first few months while you are settling down, you should be fine.

Check this link for all acceptable proof of funds and the minimum requirements: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Hope that helps.

P.

KNinja

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
OINP Nomination 09-02-2016 EAPR- 04-04-2016 Additonal Doc Request- 05-04-2016 Schedule 4 Submitted- 06-04-2016 Medical Passed- 06-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2016
pkssandhu said:
Yes, that should suffice. As long as you are able to convince the officer that you will be able to support yourself in the first few months while you are settling down, you should be fine.

Check this link for all acceptable proof of funds and the minimum requirements: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Hope that helps.

P.
Thanx for your quick response.
Yes,i"ll b carrying more than what LICO requirement warrants from a single applicant but i was just wondering if they'd ask me source of cad currency and TC i"ll b carrying along .....how should i prove it as all the money i"ll b bringing wld b from my Indian Bank Account. So should i carry that account's statement?

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
KNinja said:
Thanx for your quick response.
Yes,i"ll b carrying more than what LICO requirement warrants from a single applicant but i was just wondering if they'd ask me source of cad currency and TC i"ll b carrying along .....how should i prove it as all the money i"ll b bringing wld b from my Indian Bank Account. So should i carry that account's statement?
You shouldn't have to. I got mine issued from Western Union and as long as you are carrying the bill and receipt from them, that is all the officers will need to verify during landing.

Western Union was very strict in terms of how I can pay them and I had to provide bunch of documents to make sure there was no funny business. But as I said, the good part is that once they issue the TC's, all you would need is a bill/receipt from them which will have all the details the officer will be looking for. At the end of the day, the officers want to make sure the source of the money is clean and is not going to be used for illegal purposes.

Best of luck with your landing.

KNinja

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2016
pkssandhu said:
You shouldn't have to. I got mine issued from Western Union and as long as you are carrying the bill and receipt from them, that is all the officers will need to verify during landing.

Western Union was very strict in terms of how I can pay them and I had to provide bunch of documents to make sure there was no funny business. But as I said, the good part is that once they issue the TC's, all you would need is a bill/receipt from them which will have all the details the officer will be looking for. At the end of the day, the officers want to make sure the source of the money is clean and is not going to be used for illegal purposes.

Best of luck with your landing.
A quick question...i came to knw that one can open Scotia Bank Account from India and can deposit the amt required in that account too . Is that a better option than TCs?

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
KNinja said:
A quick question...i came to knw that one can open Scotia Bank Account from India and can deposit the amt required in that account too . Is that a better option than TCs?
The only benefit I can think of is less hassle than getting TC's made. And if the money is in your bank account, you will not have to declare anything at customs. That will prevent you from having to go into secondary and getting everything verified with an officer.