+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing procedure completed but not issued PR card

Puneet076

Mar 22, 2019
Hi All,

Recently I did the landing procedure through Detroit-Windsor tunnel as my COPR was expiring in Aug 2020. Firstly, officer at Canada border was reluctant to issue PR but then I explained my situation and he finally completed the landing procedure but he did not issue PR card and neither asked for address to send the PR card. He put a stamped on my COPR document and said that I can use the this document to come to Canada anytime (only by land not by air). Once I am moving permanently, I can go for PR card.

Anyone else faced similar situation? Is there any impact of not having PR card other than I can't travel by air?

Puneet076

Mar 22, 2019
I suggest you reach out to IRCC customer care and give them a Canadian address to get your PR card mailed to (OR) go to https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coanotify and submit a Canadian address online.
Thanks for the info but I tried the above link and it is not able to identify my application. I think this link is for the case when you have already applied for PR card and then want to change the address. I will try to call customer care and see what they say.

dumbsean

Feb 6, 2020
Hi All,

Recently I did the landing procedure through Detroit-Windsor tunnel as my COPR was expiring in Aug 2020. Firstly, officer at Canada border was reluctant to issue PR but then I explained my situation and he finally completed the landing procedure but he did not issue PR card and neither asked for address to send the PR card. He put a stamped on my COPR document and said that I can use the this document to come to Canada anytime (only by land not by air). Once I am moving permanently, I can go for PR card.

Anyone else faced similar situation? Is there any impact of not having PR card other than I can't travel by air?
I updated my address through webform 3 days ago just to make sure my address is correct and they just replied today saying that the address matches what's on file. I suggest you to go through webform, if you don't get a reply with in a week then the info you provided when raising a webform might be incorrect (happened to me, I gave wrong application number. PR card application number is different which you can find when you link your PR card application to cic account)