NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
12-03-2018
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
Hello friends,
I need to land by flagpoling asap. One shot - one kill. Judging by the forum the safest place seems to be Lansdowne (1000 Islands bridge). However, their list of services doesn't have Immigration. https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/offices-bureaux/223-eng.html. Am I looking in the wrong place? I would like to call them to make sure as I'm planning to go there this weekend.
Thank you very much in advance.

igoryen

Feb 21, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
12-03-2018
LANDED..........
24-03-2018

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you bellaluna, but this thread still doesn't answer the question why Immigration is not on the list of services provided at Lansdowne. Or is the website out of sync with reality?
The last post was earlier this month and fairly recently. I’ve given up on the CBSA website format TBH

igoryen

Feb 21, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
12-03-2018
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
LANDED!

Everything was quick and painless. We arrived at the American border office on Saturday at 3:40pm and left at 4:40pm. It took them an hour to make out the paper of refusal of entry into the US but only because their computer system was being glitchy. There were no other travelers but us in there.

We made a U-turn and went back toward the Canadian border (200 meters away :)), waited in line with other cars until 5pm and then entered Canada again. We told them we wanted to finalize our PR. There were no other PR seekers in that building either. The officer took our papers, called us over one by one, asked 3-4 formal questions, had us sign the CoPRs, and then congratulated us with becoming permanent residents.

At 5:30pm we left as PRs.

That's all. Quick, simple, and no hassle. Highly recommend Lansdowne! ;):)

Last edited:

AshlynJ

Mar 11, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-04-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2019
LANDED..........
12-10-2019
LANDED!

Everything was quick and painless. We arrived at the American border office on Saturday at 3:40pm and left at 4:40pm. It took them an hour to make out the paper of refusal of entry into the US but only because their computer system was being glitchy. There were no other travelers but us in there.

We made a U-turn and went back toward the Canadian border (200 meters away :)), waited in line with other cars until 5pm and then entered Canada again. We told them we wanted to finalize our PR. There were no other PR seekers in that building either. The officer took our papers, called us over one by one, asked 3-4 formal questions, had us sign the CoPRs, and then congratulated us with becoming permanent residents.

At 5:30pm we left as PRs.

That's all. Quick, simple, and no hassle. Highly recommend Lansdowne! ;):)
Can we approach ther on foot as well?

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
If I have US Visa, Can I tell the US Officer I want to do landing but not "flagpole"? I can do U-turn myself after entering US

I don't want to leave a record like refuse entry or tell the officer everytime for PR thing

Shmesh

Feb 18, 2020
Hi,
I'd like to share my experience in getting my PGWP at Lansdowne/1000 Islands. We went there on Saturday morning Feb 15th at 10:30 am. Nobody was waiting so I told the officer in Canada that I need to the flagpole for my PGWP. First, he said why you didn't apply online. I said I didn't want to wait. He was absolutely grumpy. Then he said your husband must accompany you in the US border, while I didn't want to take him. We had planned that he waits for me in the Canada office while I cross the border. We had the same experience when he wanted to get his PGWP in another port of entry. But the officer insisted this is a governmental building and we don't let you sit and wait here. We explained that we are Iranian citizens and an unnecessary visit to the US border is foolish as we might go through an intense security interview, especially after the rise of the tensions between Iran and the US. But he insisted so I dropped my husband in a cafe 2-3 minutes inside Canada and let him wait there. It was such a cozy place and the lady working there was a nice and helpful person. I drove to the US border and waited in the line by car for 30 minutes. Then the officer guided me to parking and they got my car keys and I went to the office. As an Iranian citizen, I expected to be interviewed. But they were absolutely nice and asked me several personal questions and took my phone and its code to investigate. I was not taken to any special room, just a nice lady came and called out my name each time for asking polite questions. I was kept waiting for 2 hours there, then left the US with a flagpole paper. The Canadian officer at the border was also grumpy. He told me you should have applied online and you have been a student and are not a disabled person not to be able to use the computer. He was so rude. He finally guided me to parking and I went in to start the process of issuing my PGWP. Fortunately, the lady officer doing my work was so nice, however, she seemed to be a beginner and it took her another 2 hours to give me my PGWP. She asked for bank statements, so I recommend everybody to take it. I know from my husband's previous experience that issuing PGWP is a 10-minute process, so I was frustrated at the end. Finally, after a 5-hour process, I had my PGWP, valid for three years, at my hand.
Generally, I recommend this border because it is not busy. But expect to see the rudest and grumpiest Canadian officers and the most polite American officers of your life here. Also many people came for landing, which in their case it was very straightforward and fast.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I'd like to share my experience in getting my PGWP at Lansdowne/1000 Islands. We went there on Saturday morning Feb 15th at 10:30 am. Nobody was waiting so I told the officer in Canada that I need to the flagpole for my PGWP. First, he said why you didn't apply online. I said I didn't want to wait. He was absolutely grumpy. Then he said your husband must accompany you in the US border, while I didn't want to take him. We had planned that he waits for me in the Canada office while I cross the border. We had the same experience when he wanted to get his PGWP in another port of entry. But the officer insisted this is a governmental building and we don't let you sit and wait here. We explained that we are Iranian citizens and an unnecessary visit to the US border is foolish as we might go through an intense security interview, especially after the rise of the tensions between Iran and the US. But he insisted so I dropped my husband in a cafe 2-3 minutes inside Canada and let him wait there. It was such a cozy place and the lady working there was a nice and helpful person. I drove to the US border and waited in the line by car for 30 minutes. Then the officer guided me to parking and they got my car keys and I went to the office. As an Iranian citizen, I expected to be interviewed. But they were absolutely nice and asked me several personal questions and took my phone and its code to investigate. I was not taken to any special room, just a nice lady came and called out my name each time for asking polite questions. I was kept waiting for 2 hours there, then left the US with a flagpole paper. The Canadian officer at the border was also grumpy. He told me you should have applied online and you have been a student and are not a disabled person not to be able to use the computer. He was so rude. He finally guided me to parking and I went in to start the process of issuing my PGWP. Fortunately, the lady officer doing my work was so nice, however, she seemed to be a beginner and it took her another 2 hours to give me my PGWP. She asked for bank statements, so I recommend everybody to take it. I know from my husband's previous experience that issuing PGWP is a 10-minute process, so I was frustrated at the end. Finally, after a 5-hour process, I had my PGWP, valid for three years, at my hand.
Generally, I recommend this border because it is not busy. But expect to see the rudest and grumpiest Canadian officers and the most polite American officers of your life here. Also many people came for landing, which in their case it was very straightforward and fast.
This border was very busy in the summer. The border in Osoyoos in BC was not busy at all.