+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing - Please clarift my doubt

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
Hello Guys

There is one query :-

I am a SINP and on my CPR its written landing in Regina, Could it be possible that can i land in Toronto and after 2-3 days I can move to Regina?

Or I have to make the landing in Regina, that I cannot exit from Toronto Airport

Please clarify that doubt or there is someone who has done this, I am getting different reviews from different persons .

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The immigration officer should be satisfied that you are going to SK but it's ok to take a few days in Toronto. Just buy a ticket from Toronto to Regina 3 days later and show it to them when you land.

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
Leon said:
The immigration officer should be satisfied that you are going to SK but it's ok to take a few days in Toronto. Just buy a ticket from Toronto to Regina 3 days later and show it to them when you land.
Thanks Leon ... You knew anybody who did the same ?

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
I second Leon. The CBSA officer should feel comfortable and confident that you will go to Regina. All good otherwise.

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
I wikk book the ticket after 3 days, give the address of saskatoon . What else should i do that the officer feel confident that i will move to Sask ?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
singh_maninder said:
I wikk book the ticket after 3 days, give the address of saskatoon . What else should i do that the officer feel confident that i will move to Sask ?
Maninder,

There's absolutely no problem in landing in Toronto. Almost all of us have landed in a different province as there are few international flights into SK. A friend of mine stayed for nearly 3 weeks in Toronto before moving to Saskatoon, SK.

As others have already said, you do have to convince the IO that you will proceed to SK. However, when I landed, I was not asked to prove any such thing. No need to take any chances though, and do book an onward flight to Saskatoon.

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
Hot2Cold said:
Maninder,

There's absolutely no problem in landing in Toronto. Almost all of us have landed in a different province as there are few international flights into SK. A friend of mine stayed for nearly 3 weeks in Toronto before moving to Saskatoon, SK.

As others have already said, you do have to convince the IO that you will proceed to SK. However, when I landed, I was not asked to prove any such thing. No need to take any chances though, and do book an onward flight to Saskatoon.

Thanks Yar ... I will surely book onward ticket to Saskat after 3-4 days staying there ..

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
There is nothing to prove. Just be honest and also do the right thing. Wish you luck. Welcome to Canada. :)