+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing- Peace arch blaine WA

movupnorth

Feb 7, 2018
Not sure if right subforum, please move if not.

Has anyone done the landing for express entry PR by road at peace arch blaine washington? Any gotchas? I am planning to do the landing and then return back to US. This is by road.

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Not sure if right subforum, please move if not.

Has anyone done the landing for express entry PR by road at peace arch blaine washington? Any gotchas? I am planning to do the landing and then return back to US. This is by road.
Hi, please share your experience.

movupnorth

Feb 7, 2018
Update- Did my landing via road at blaine peace arch crossing. Here is my experience.

We crossed into the canada border around mid day on sunday. There were no lines at the border itself. Told the border officer that we wanted to complete our PR landing. Were told to park on the side and walk into a building. In the building we headed straight to our assigned counter(no lines again) and gave our documents, COPR, passports, goods to follow list and address to send PR cards. Told we are not intending to move today and heading back almost imm. She told us to have a seat and processed our docs. Once done she explained our rights as PR and said our cards will be mailed in 6-8 weeks.

We hung around the area and had lunch at a nearby town. We then proceeded back into the US with a long line of cars. After approx 30 mins we crossed over without any hassles. Officer asked why we went to canada and if we intend to move there. We said eventually.

Today I linked my PR card application to my account and see that is it in processing status.

I have been entering the US for the last 10 years as a H1B and was never treated with the amount of respect and courtesy which was accorded to me at the Canada border. Makes me want to move there even more and asap.

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Update- Did my landing via road at blaine peace arch crossing. Here is my experience.

We crossed into the canada border around mid day on sunday. There were no lines at the border itself. Told the border officer that we wanted to complete our PR landing. Were told to park on the side and walk into a building. In the building we headed straight to our assigned counter(no lines again) and gave our documents, COPR, passports, goods to follow list and address to send PR cards. Told we are not intending to move today and heading back almost imm. She told us to have a seat and processed our docs. Once done she explained our rights as PR and said our cards will be mailed in 6-8 weeks.

We hung around the area and had lunch at a nearby town. We then proceeded back into the US with a long line of cars. After approx 30 mins we crossed over without any hassles. Officer asked why we went to canada and if we intend to move there. We said eventually.

Today I linked my PR card application to my account and see that is it in processing status.

I have been entering the US for the last 10 years as a H1B and was never treated with the amount of respect and courtesy which was accorded to me at the Canada border. Makes me want to move there even more and asap.
Thanks for your reply.