+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing on Visitor Visa

kedar9

May 27, 2018
Hi,

I have sponsored PR for my wife and the application is in process for some time now. The next step will be Request for Passport.

My wife already has a valid Canadian visitor visa.
Since the Request for Passport is to provide a one time travel authorization to come to Canada, does she really need it? She has a visa that she can enter the country with.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have sponsored PR for my wife and the application is in process for some time now. The next step will be Request for Passport.

Since the Request for Passport is to provide a one time travel authorization to come to Canada, does she really need it? She has a visa that she can enter the country with.
Yes, she needs it. This is the visa (COPR) that allows her to "land" in Canada and become a PR. Otherwise all she is allowed to do is to enter Canada as a visitor.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

She can travel to Canada now as a visitor and finalize the landing process within Canada.

But if she wants to come to Canada only when the pr status is ready (ie to work immediately), exactly as described above. Once she gets the passport request, will have to get the appropriate visa inserted to replace the visitor visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

If she enters Canada as a visitor she must send a webform updating her address soon after she arrives.

Reactions: armoured