+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing on Saturday via Peace-Bridge - Please reply

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
Guys,

I am landing to Canada on Sat (1st Oct.), and have couple of doubts.

Starting with very first -

We have got Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR), do still we need to fill Application of PR (form 5444E)?

Good to follow list? - which form is needed to fill?

Are B4 & B4E - same ?
I have found B4 form and not able to find B4E.
Can someone pls. share B4E form link.

I have read in a post (2-3 months back) that one can also apply for "Child Benefit Application"?
-He suggested that he visited that office, got the forms & submitted it next day.... Are we eligible to apply for "Child Benefit Application"?
- if yes, would applying for this impact in future, if I sponsor my mother in future?

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
canada_dream100 said:
Guys,

I am landing to Canada on Sat (1st Oct.), and have couple of doubts.

Starting with very first -

We have got Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR), do still we need to fill Application of PR (form 5444E)?

Good to follow list? - which form is needed to fill?

Are B4 & B4E - same ?
I have found B4 form and not able to find B4E.
Can someone pls. share B4E form link.

I have read in a post (2-3 months back) that one can also apply for "Child Benefit Application"?
-He suggested that he visited that office, got the forms & submitted it next day.... Are we eligible to apply for "Child Benefit Application"?
- if yes, would applying for this impact in future, if I sponsor my mother in future?

Please reply ....

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will answer your first two questions. You would need the CPR which is attached to your passport.

The goods to follow form B4 E can be found here:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

B4 is the good accompanying form.

If you don't have anything to follow, then complete B4 only. If you don't have anything to bring, don't bother with the forms.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
steaky said:
I will answer your first two questions. You would need the CPR which is attached to your passport.

The goods to follow form B4 E can be found here:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

B4 is the good accompanying form.

If you don't have anything to follow, then complete B4 only. If you don't have anything to bring, don't bother with the forms.
Thanks for replying....
I understand that we need CPR.... my question was that do we need to fill & submit form 5444E at POE?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_dream100 said:
Thanks for replying....
I understand that we need CPR.... my question was that do we need to fill & submit form 5444E at POE?
I don't think you need that form. But it wouldn't hurt if you present that form at POE!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

steaky said:
I don't think you need that form. But it wouldn't hurt if you present that form at POE!
No, the OP doesn't require it. The IO at the "landing" completes the PR card application on line. The information is already there.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

No, the OP doesn't require it. The IO at the "landing" completes the PR card application on line. The information is already there.
Thanks PMM for the clarification.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
steaky said:
Thanks PMM for the clarification.
Thank you PMM for guiding....

and happy that need not to fill Application of PR (form 5444E)

PMM can you please also share about following?

4. Our CPR has one (our) photo on that, I do have one copy of (passport sise) photo for each member.

Do we need any more pp size photos for PR Card purpose or SIN application (We would visit SIN office in-person and apply)?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canada_dream100 said:
Thank you PMM for guiding....

and happy that need not to fill Application of PR (form 5444E)

PMM can you please also share about following?

4. Our CPR has one (our) photo on that, I do have one copy of (passport sise) photo for each member.

Do we need any more pp size photos for PR Card purpose or SIN application (We would visit SIN office in-person and apply)?
1. The information is here: for the CCTB. You won't be eligible until 18 months after you "land" http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/menu-eng.html You can apply immediately, but until you file an income tax, you won't receive anything for 18 months.
2. SIN card doesn't require a photo. You visit in person, with proof of your "landing" and a Canadian address. They give you your no. right away, and the card is mailed in about 2 weeks.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canada_dream100 said:
1. U can apply for the CCTB as soon as u have the SIN# & a Bank A/c@hand.
2. U can't visit a tax centre for submitting those forms... it has to be sent by post.
3. It takes around 2-4 months to commence the CCTB & HST credits to reflect on your a/c.
4. Both the credits apply to u from Day-1 of landing.
5. Even if u submit those forms later -- the credits r yet given thru arrears.
6. CCTB is a 'benefit'... not a burden [like 'EI' or 'Welfare']... so it doesn't effect your "good standing" with the authorities.

Qorax

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

1. The information is here: for the CCTB. You won't be eligible until 18 months after you "land" http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/menu-eng.html You can apply immediately, but until you file an income tax, you won't receive anything for 18 months.
2. SIN card doesn't require a photo. You visit in person, with proof of your "landing" and a Canadian address. They give you your no. right away, and the card is mailed in about 2 weeks.

Thank you very much for your help & clarification......

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
qorax said:
1. U can apply for the CCTB as soon as u have the SIN# & a Bank A/c @ hand.
2. U can't visit a tax centre for submitting those forms... it has to be sent by post.
3. It takes around 2-4 months to commence the CCTB & HST credits to reflect on your a/c.
6. CCTB is a 'benefit'... not a burden [like 'EI' or 'Welfare']... so it doesn't effect your "good standing" with the authorities.

Qorax
Thanks a lot for sharing your views..... it's gr8 help....

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
qorax said:

Qorax
qorax is 100 % right

Ismael5

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
yes
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
Passport Req..
have a good life ahead

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
qorax said:

Qorax
Hello Qorax,

I tried to register my child's SIN online at "https://ams-sga.cra-arc.gc.ca/gol-ged/awsc/amss/enrol/start?prog=mima"

But I am getting error message on submitting the SIN?

ERR.038
We need to verify your personal information.
Contact our e-Services Helpdesk.
When contacting the e-Services Helpdesk, have your tax return on hand and provide this message number.
To exit the process, select the "Exit" button.

Perhaps before implementing Step-1 & I need to take Step-2 (send tax doc by post) in this case.
Can you please suggest something in this case?

Or it is advisable to file CCTB next year after filing the tax?

thx.....