+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing: Niagara or Sarnia port of entry

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Hello Guys,

I got my CoPR yesterday, and I've been reading about a lot of refusals at the Niagara bridges for PR landing.

Would it be a good idea to drive to Sarnia and do my landing process there? Would I be able to do this on a weekend?

Anyone who has done their landing at Sarnia? Anything to be aware about?

Or should I just go to Niagara and save the extra travel? How can I maximize my chances of being able to land there?

I'm located in the GTA.

Thanks!

Gayathri1985

May 19, 2017
AOR Received.
05Apr2017
Med's Done....
25Apr2017
Mine got refused yesterday. And they told me to go to Windsor. Any idea? please guide us/..

Gayathri1985

May 19, 2017
AOR Received.
05Apr2017
Med's Done....
25Apr2017
Yikes, they're refusing on weekdays too?

Have you guys tried setting up appointments at CIC offices instead?
That's what they suggested.I booked up an appointment yesterday and Call center agent told me that I will receiving the appointment date after 4 weeks..

Sachin81

Jun 15, 2017
Mine got refused yesterday. And they told me to go to Windsor. Any idea? please guide us/..
1st student visa, 2nd work permit, 3rd PNP, then PR. I can understand you have to worry about refusal during all these procedures. But now even for PR Landing? "O CANADA";)

Reactions: PRplz

xiaohan

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
As long as you don't go to any one of the port of entry close to the falls, you can do it anytime during the week, but preferably from 7,8am until 11pm.
So Sarnia or Windsor would be OK for both weekdays and weekends, this is confirmed by CBSA officers.
Or just book a appointment for inland landing.

amriash

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-12-2016
Hello Guys,

I got my CoPR yesterday, and I've been reading about a lot of refusals at the Niagara bridges for PR landing.

Would it be a good idea to drive to Sarnia and do my landing process there? Would I be able to do this on a weekend?

Anyone who has done their landing at Sarnia? Anything to be aware about?

Or should I just go to Niagara and save the extra travel? How can I maximize my chances of being able to land there?

I'm located in the GTA.

Thanks!
hi,.. just wanted to know if you completed landing and where? I live in Kitchener so I was thinking where to go... thanks

Reena87

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Hey Guys i think it's always smart to travel a bit extra to be on safe side. I live 1/2 an hour away from Niagra but i went to Sarnia to avoid these refusals and sent back home. Two reasons first that you don't wanna get refusal at this point. I'm so sorry whoever got it. Its must be very stressful on you guys.
Secondly you can do your landing even over the weekends there. And when i went there on Friday there was no one else. So it took me like 10 min to finish all and landing as a PR.

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hey Guys i think it's always smart to travel a bit extra to be on safe side. I live 1/2 an hour away from Niagra but i went to Sarnia to avoid these refusals and sent back home. Two reasons first that you don't wanna get refusal at this point. I'm so sorry whoever got it. Its must be very stressful on you guys.
Secondly you can do your landing even over the weekends there. And when i went there on Friday there was no one else. So it took me like 10 min to finish all and landing as a PR.
Reena,
HI,

So if i travel to Sarnia or Windsor over the weekend then i should be fine right?
Kindly please let us know your process, like when you arrived and the document requested.
Have a productive week ahead.
Thanks,
Sam

Reena87

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Reena,
HI,

So if i travel to Sarnia or Windsor over the weekend then i should be fine right?
Kindly please let us know your process, like when you arrived and the document requested.
Have a productive week ahead.
Thanks,
Sam
Sorry for a late reply. So i just drove to American side. It took me about 45 min going over doing flagpole and coming back to canada side. When i told them that I'm here for landing the guy at canadian side entry asked where i came from and i told him Hamilton. He said why didn't you go to Niagra. Told him that its too busy and they keep sending people back. He was almost mad at me telling if they kept sending people this way we'll have to start sending people back as well. But then i thought it must be a big line up Inside. But No there was noone. They asked me the reason why I'm her. I said for landing. And they said to sit a wait. I just moved away from desk and officer called me. Like in 2 min. I gave my copr. He asked me address where to send pr card. And he asked me to sign so did hr signed. And thats it!!
Not sure this is how they always do. But i had a full bag full of documents including my old visas, bank statement, job letters and everything. Nobody asked me anything. And thats about it. Hopefully it went that easy for everyone as well. Please ask if you have any more questions

Reactions: wstrn24

Gwalia

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Chicago
Category........
Hi Guys, I'm in the US, wanting to enter Canada via land on a Monday thru a Windsor bridge. Is it safe to enter a on Monday?

Reactions: Kamilamin

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Anyone else who activated their pr via Sarnia? Planning on doing it tomorrow (Friday) after work