+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing interview

Maryfogo

Jan 31, 2018
I applied for Permanent Residency May 2016, through family Sponsorship. My husband was approved as my sponsor in August 2017. My application for Perm Residency was approved on Nov 16, 2017. My husband and I live in Newfoundland. (I am a U.S Citizen)

Here is my question/problem: the Landing Interview. I received a phone call on December 8, 2017 from IRCC in Halifax (NOT from St. John’s IRCC). The agent told me that we were approved to have my landing interview by phone because we live in rural Newfoundland about 6 hours plus ferry ride from St.John’s. The agent told me she would email me back about the time and date of the phone interview. She believed it would be Dec 18 and 19. I asked her why IRCC Halifax was calling me instead of St John’s IRCC. She assumed it was because the office in ST. Johns could not handle the interview.

I never heard back from her. We are now going into 14 weeks since my application was approved, and almost 9 weeks since Halifax called me.

Any feedback would be very helpful.

Thanks, Maryfogo

Maryfogo

Jan 31, 2018

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I applied for Permanent Residency May 2016, through family Sponsorship. My husband was approved as my sponsor in August 2017. My application for Perm Residency was approved on Nov 16, 2017. My husband and I live in Newfoundland. (I am a U.S Citizen)

Here is my question/problem: the Landing Interview. I received a phone call on December 8, 2017 from IRCC in Halifax (NOT from St. John’s IRCC). The agent told me that we were approved to have my landing interview by phone because we live in rural Newfoundland about 6 hours plus ferry ride from St.John’s. The agent told me she would email me back about the time and date of the phone interview. She believed it would be Dec 18 and 19. I asked her why IRCC Halifax was calling me instead of St John’s IRCC. She assumed it was because the office in ST. Johns could not handle the interview.

I never heard back from her. We are now going into 14 weeks since my application was approved, and almost 9 weeks since Halifax called me.

Thanks, Maryfogo
just call 1 888 242 2100.

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
I don't know how this forum works, but if one of your "senior forum members" could respond that would be so helpful. How can I get one of your senior forum members to speak with me? Thank you.
Everyone here volunteers their time and experience. I was just trying to help keep your question visible.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks, Maryfogo
Have you checked through your email spam? If you cannot find an email, then I suggest you submit a Webform and have your husband contact his MP to inquire.

Maryfogo

Jan 31, 2018
I have called 3 times since December. The agent(s) all told me the same thing. St John's NL received two letters - one on Nov 16, and the other on December 27 instructing them to schedule a landing interview with me.

I was also told not to call them back til the end of March. They are not able to do anything again (as in send out another letter to St.John's) until then.

Reactions: mpsqra