+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Interview received before PPR/ COPR

Apr 24, 2019
Hi There, I applied for my PR through CEC class (End of Jan) and have received an email from CIC for landing interview to be held on May. I have not been asked by CIC to send my passport inn before hand for stamping or anything (I believe that is the usual process, getting the passport request and then a landing interview).

Is my case also usual? does anyone know of anyone who has received their landing interview before their Passport request or confirmation of PR?

Thanks in advance.

1Life

Apr 12, 2019
Hi,
Do you know where your file was processed ?
Do you know when was your application approved ?

Apr 24, 2019
Do you know where your file was processed ? - Etobicoke in Toronto I am assuming, because thats where I have been called inn for the landing.

Do you know when was your application approved ?- I have been given no notification for approval. That's what the thing is, I haven't received a passport request or a confirmation yet. I have just been called directly for landing interview. and that is why I am confused.

Reactions: user.profile
Apr 24, 2019
Do you know where your file was processed ? - Etobicoke in Toronto I am assuming, because thats where I have been called inn for the landing.

Do you know when was your application approved ?- I have been given no notification for approval. That's what the thing is, I haven't received a passport request or a confirmation yet. I have just been called directly for landing interview. and that is why I am confused.

1Life

Apr 12, 2019
Being called for landing interview is normal for CEC candidates these days Nothing to worry

Did your online profile indicate anything about interview possibility before getting the intimation ?

Apr 24, 2019
Okay, as long as it is normal. All my other friends who have gotten their PR last year got the passport request first and then the interview. But may be the process is expedited or so.

Not atol, no indications on my CIC online profile. Also, The CIC communication i got Via email is just Via email. I see no changes on my online account about this communication. (not my friends tell me that , that is normal).

cjs123

Mar 12, 2019
Hi Bhargavi,
I have similar experience as yours.I applied by AINP , I got landing interview email before passport request and my online CIC profile hasnt changed (it shows that it is under process). Any updates on this?

Apr 24, 2019
Hi there, yes...so i got my landing...and i went inn ... waited for my no..
The lady at the counter...took my passport and landing paper that i got and inputted something in the computer. Then she said congrats on your PR...and told me the rules and all. I asked her, are you not going to put a stamp on my passport (COPR) she said, no
.. that is not required. You just need your PR card to travel. Which will be delivered to you in a 8-10 weeks.

I also have lesser weeks showing on my profile... like 10 weeks or so... however, i already have my landing paper in hand. I think now i am just waiting for my card...and once i have it..10 weeks will pass by then. But they haven't updated my online process as well..even though i technically have my PR in hand (atleast the landing paper).

Reactions: user.profile

cjs123

Mar 12, 2019
Thank You bhargavi for your reply.
Did you letter mentioned that ' local IRCC office will contact you directly and schedule a landing interview' ? if so , when did they called you and is there a way you know to expedite this process?

Apr 24, 2019
There is no way to expedite the process. Its a govt. Process...they will call when the file gets open. But my letter mentioned that you have been called for a landing interview and you have to go to the cic etobicoke office on may 6th at 1 pm. So, my letter didn't ask me to schedule one, it said you have to come on this and this day and time.

cjs123

Mar 12, 2019
There is no way to expedite the process. Its a govt. Process...they will call when the file gets open. But my letter mentioned that you have been called for a landing interview and you have to go to the cic etobicoke office on may 6th at 1 pm. So, my letter didn't ask me to schedule one, it said you have to come on this and this day and time.
I see, I am in Edmonton. My letter says that local IRCC office will contact you for landing interview. I am thinking if I have to wait for their call or do I have to call them to schedule an appointment. Btw- congratulations on your PR.

Apr 24, 2019
Thank you so much. I think its better to call CIC to ask. I have heard a few cases when they have to call and schedule an interview. But better to call.

AvneetKaur14

Oct 14, 2018
Hi there, yes...so i got my landing...and i went inn ... waited for my no..
The lady at the counter...took my passport and landing paper that i got and inputted something in the computer. Then she said congrats on your PR...and told me the rules and all. I asked her, are you not going to put a stamp on my passport (COPR) she said, no
.. that is not required. You just need your PR card to travel. Which will be delivered to you in a 8-10 weeks.

I also have lesser weeks showing on my profile... like 10 weeks or so... however, i already have my landing paper in hand. I think now i am just waiting for my card...and once i have it..10 weeks will pass by then. But they haven't updated my online process as well..even though i technically have my PR in hand (atleast the landing paper).
Hi..
One question....How were u able to travel without passport being stamped??? what did u show at airport.. ?? i got an email for interview in next 7 days but i live in US . How am i suppose to attend this without any visa ??

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019
Hi @AvneetKaur14 , I haven't traveled yet since my PR card has come, but the lady at my landing interview said you don't need the stamp, just carry your passport, landing paper and PR card. That is enough.

Reactions: Joe44

AvneetKaur14

Oct 14, 2018
Hi @AvneetKaur14 , I haven't traveled yet since my PR card has come, but the lady at my landing interview said you don't need the stamp, just carry your passport, landing paper and PR card. That is enough.
Thanks for replying back.. I was more concerned about the first time-- for the interview. The only think i have is an email asking me to come for interview in Ottawa. I am currently residing in US. Did u have your passport stamped before going for the interview?? Also i applied Express entry application.