+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing interview question

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
For people who go to the US by land for a short trip, you get a paper form (not sure what it’s called) in your passport. Just want to confirm is the date stamped on the form the entry date and not the expiration date of the entry stamp? We’re supposed to be asked the last date of entry during interview and just want to explain if we put the wrong date by mistake in our app or not.

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The date that US CBP stamps is the date you're allowed in till - so it would usually be six months after the date you entered.

You can check your I-94 online and get the exact date you entered. https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
The date that US CBP stamps is the date you're allowed in till - so it would usually be six months after the date you entered.

You can check your I-94 online and get the exact date you entered. https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/
Unfortunately i can’t see all the travel history because it only goes back 5 years.
Should we still say the date we put on the application (same date on CBP stamp) and say we made a mistake because we thought it was the date of entry? Or say the date we found in traveller record in GCMS notes?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Unfortunately i can’t see all the travel history because it only goes back 5 years.
Should we still say the date we put on the application (same date on CBP stamp) and say we made a mistake because we thought it was the date of entry? Or say the date we found in traveller record in GCMS notes?
You should put the date you found in the GCMS notes, and explain why you made a mistake before you had the notes. It was a long time ago, it's reasonable to not remember exactly when you entered the US - just for one day too.

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
You should put the date you found in the GCMS notes, and explain why you made a mistake before you had the notes. It was a long time ago, it's reasonable to not remember exactly when you entered the US - just for one day too.
Thank you! Which would they usually have on record at the time of the interview? Date we put in app or GCMS notes?