Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Permanent residents of Canada - the wait is over...

It took us 845 days/20, 280 hours to become Canadian PR, since we first landed in Canada (on WP). It has been a long journey but at the end it was worth it. CIC scheduled the landing interview for 9th January at 5 PM. We arrived there at 3 PN as I knew there would be a rush and CIC Winnipeg office is small.

Brief timeline:

17th July 2019 - AOR

16th Aug - MEP

10th Oct - RPRP requested

30th Oct - File approved

13th Dec (Friday, the 13th)- Landing interview email

9th Jan 2020 - Landing interview completed, COPR issued.

We were #2 in the line. The security guard advised to come back at around 4.30 so we headed out to Tim Hortons. We came back at 4 and our number was called.

The officer was a jolly lady but she got annoyed with the security guard as he gave us the number for 4 PM interviews. Good thing she didn’t ask us to go back.

There were a few errors with my first landing dates and the address, and she corrected it all, but was cursing the backend office . She took my driving license to update my mailing address.

3 questions asked

- any convictions?

- any refusals or denied entry

- any change in family composition

Documents we took

- Passport

- RPRF payment fees - she didn’t even look ag it

- 2 pictures

All prior issued WP(s)

- Additional documents we carried, just in case were CELPIP, lease agreement, Work contract, PCCs, WES

The officer was chatty, and we discussed about our 1st baby & her new born grandchild.

At the end, officer smiled and said welcome to Canada, you are now a Permanent Resident of Canada. She also explained the obligations of keeping the PR status & citizenship rules. We thanked her and left.

Thank you everyone, it was a wonderful journey. Learnt a lot and most important this process helped me improve my patience skills . Again I would like to mention Canadian PR is one of the easiest PR process and you can do it on your own. Just read through the guidelines & check all your documents carefully before submission.

I am happy to help & answer your questions related to the process.

Wishing everyone best wishes on their PR journey.

Full details in this post -

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/finally-ppr-cec.668889/#post-8378745

Reactions: hmusman79
Aug 10, 2019
Congratulations! I'm almost there. I got my COPR with visa stamped in my passport early Dec 2019. I sent the email to schedule an interview for landing. The automated response said it would take 30 days max for them to get back to me. It's been over that and I've been calling and ending mails through the webform and haven't gotten a response. How long did it take from when you sent the email for scheduling an interview to when they responded with your landing date and time?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Congratulations! I'm almost there. I got my COPR with visa stamped in my passport early Dec 2019. I sent the email to schedule an interview for landing. The automated response said it would take 30 days max for them to get back to me. It's been over that and I've been calling and ending mails through the webform and haven't gotten a response. How long did it take from when you sent the email for scheduling an interview to when they responded with your landing date and time?
If you got your COPR, that's it. Now wait for the PR card.
In the landing interview, they just handed me my COPR and I received my PR card after that.
I didn't email to schedule it. They themselves scheduled by landing interview.