+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Toronto

beaver62

Dec 25, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am sponsoring my wife and I live Quebec. I have a job offer from Ontario and want to move their for my work. in the application we initially put she will live in Montreal Quebec and she already has CSQ. Can she land in Toronto Ontario and stay in Ontario or she has to stay in Quebec until she gets her (PR) permanent resident card and then move.

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since she has CSQ, she likely need an address in Quebec to receive her PR card from IRCC.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,

I am sponsoring my wife and I live Quebec. I have a job offer from Ontario and want to move their for my work. in the application we initially put she will live in Montreal Quebec and she already has CSQ. Can she land in Toronto Ontario and stay in Ontario or she has to stay in Quebec until she gets her (PR) permanent resident card and then move.

Thanks
Hi

She can land and live in Toronto.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
To keep your immigration affairs straightforward and avoid any chances of Misrepresentation, If you have initially declared that you will live in Montreal (Quebec) and have not notified IRCC about changing of your intending province of residence, it's best that you lands in Quebec and provide CSQ to be processed.

She can land at any major airport in Canada... and all major international airports in Canada are equipped with handling COPR+CSQ, however her final destination must be Quebec. Her COPR and CSQ will pe processed at the first point of entry.

This may help : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/csq-holder-landing-at-toronto.339953/#post-4555916

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your reply

If there was no CSQ then she could get her pr card in Ontario
Having a CSQ does not require her to land and live in Quebec.

To keep your immigration affairs straightforward and avoid any chances of Misrepresentation, If you have initially declared that you will live in Montreal (Quebec) and have not notified IRCC about changing of your intending province of residence, it's best that you lands in Quebec and provide CSQ to be processed.

She can land at any major airport in Canada... and all major international airports in Canada are equipped with handling COPR+CSQ, however her final destination must be Quebec. Her COPR and CSQ will pe processed at the first point of entry.

This may help : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/csq-holder-landing-at-toronto.339953/#post-4555916
It is NOT misrepresentation for the sponsored spouse to land and live outside of Quebec.

Reactions: beaver62