May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
[size=10pt]Hi guys i was going through this thread and came across a lot of inquiries regarding accommodation, landing formalities etc etc.....so i wanted to share my experiences.....its just been an year since i landed but still like all of you i also had those same questions in my mind......so starting first with the weather out here those who are landing between May-October are lucky as the weather is very good at this time because its summers in Canada at this time......Now coming to the point of landing, after you land in Canada and following signs of new immigrants as your guide, you will come across various counters for new immigrants where the immigration officers will be sitting, you have to provide them the COPR and all the other docs which he will ask you, after that he will ask to give your mailing address/temporary residence address where they can mail the PR Card....after that you will be send to a counter for new immigrants where a person will give you a bag filled with all the books and guides on accommodation, jobs etc etc after that you can go on to collect your luggage(If possible then please try to keep some change(coins) as you will have to insert $3 dollars to get the trolleys to keep your luggage) we had to rush from here and there to get the change because we didn't had any and that part was really frustrating after that long journey.....after finally getting some change we got the trolley and were sent to another counter(CBSA) where we declared all are belongings and showed are Proof of Funds....after that we were allowed to exit(so please don't panic all the process is really very smooth and fast)......i was lucky as i had my relatives in Brampton to receive me but even if you don't have any relatives or known ones, then also you have many options like taxis(they are a bit expensive), buses,
http://www.torontopearson.com/en/toandfrom/ground/##
Please go through the above link hope that it will be useful....now coming to the point of accommodation, i would suggest some motels or cheap hotels like Motel 6 can be considered for a week or so and till that you can explore the city and find out a basement apartment($600-$800)which is the cheapest option available for the initial time period, you can come across a lot of adds on bus stands and shopping plazas......after you get a good job and get settled you can shift in a apartment....there are also various websites to look for accommodation like kijiji.ca and viewit.ca etc etc
and i would also like to mention one very important thing and that is regarding the weight of your luggage....all the spices, flour, pulses, dairy products, tea, coffee are easily available in grocery stores and are cheap as well so please carry all this stuff as minimal as possible give more importance to utensils(they are really expensive here), clothes, books if you wish to study further/or are preparing for any license exam......and last but not the least about jobs, you can go through various job sites like craiglist.ca, monster.ca, workopolis.ca, indeed.ca and post your resumes and apply for jobs....i have tried to answer everything here and hope this helps all but still if anyone of you has any doubts or questions you can pm me so guys you are all welcome to the country of dreams 'Canada' and all the best for each and every step :D :D :D

[/size]

drpari

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
rajeevkumar3 said:
Hi to all my friends,
Very good morning to all of you.
I am also planning to reach toronto in the first fortnite of June.
Trying to book air ticket and G. house.
Any suggestion on this please reply me urgently.
My e-mail id is rajeevkumar3 @ rediffmail.com & rajeevkumar3 @ yahoo.com
Thanks in advance
RAJEEV
Hi Rajeev i have tried to write about my landing experience, accommodation and how to apply for jobs in this thread, so you can go through this thread...Hope it helps you :)

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drpari said:
[size=10pt]Hi guys i was going through this thread and came across a lot of inquiries regarding accommodation, landing formalities etc etc.....so i wanted to share my experiences.....its just been an year since i landed but still like all of you i also had those same questions in my mind......so starting first with the weather out here those who are landing between May-October are lucky as the weather is very good at this time because its summers in Canada at this time......Now coming to the point of landing, after you land in Canada and following signs of new immigrants as your guide, you will come across various counters for new immigrants where the immigration officers will be sitting, you have to provide them the COPR and all the other docs which he will ask you, after that he will ask to give your mailing address/temporary residence address where they can mail the PR Card....after that you will be send to a counter for new immigrants where a person will give you a bag filled with all the books and guides on accommodation, jobs etc etc after that you can go on to collect you luggage(If possible then please try to keep some change(coins) as you will have to insert $3 dollars to get the trolleys to keep your luggage) we had to rush from here and there to get the change because we didn't had any and that part was really frustrating after that long journey.....after finally getting some change we got the trolley and were sent to another counter(CBSA) where we declared all are belongings and showed are Proof of Funds....after that we were allowed to exit(so please don't panic all the process is really very smooth and fast)......i was lucky as i had my relatives in Brampton to receive me but even if you don't have any relatives or known ones, then also you have many options like taxis(they are a bit expensive), buses,
http://www.torontopearson.com/en/toandfrom/ground/##
Please go through the above link hope that it will be useful....now coming to the point of accommodation, i would suggest some motels or cheap hotels like Motel 6 can be considered for a week or so and till that you can explore the city and find out a basement apartment($600-$800)which is the cheapest option available for the initial time period you can come across a lot of adds on bus stands and shopping plazas......d after you get a good job and get settled you can shift in a apartment....there are also various websites to look for accommodation like kijiji.ca and viewit.ca etc etc
and i would also like to mention one very important thing and that is regarding the weight of your luggage....all the spices, flour, pulses, dairy products, tea, coffee are easily available in grocery stores and are cheap as well please carry all this stuff as minimal as possible give more importance to utensils(they are really expensive here), clothes, books if you wish to study further/or are preparing for any license exam......and last but not the least about jobs, you can go through various job sites like craiglist.ca, monster.ca, workopolis.ca, indeed.ca and post your resumes and apply for jobs....i tried to answer everything here and hope this helps all but still if anyone of you has any doubts or questions you can pm me so guys you are all welcome to the country of dreams 'Canada' and all the best for each and every step :D :D :D

[/size]
Thanks for sharing, really informative indeed.
We are also planning to land in Toronto for Brampton (as our blood relatives live there) in coming Aug-Sep. We r family of four including my two sons of 5 years and 10 months old.
I am interested to ask you some of following queries please.
1. Can we be allowed to rent a basement with 1 bedroom considering our family size.
2. Is getting survival job like at retail shops easy to catch for initial months of settlement in Brampton.
3. what government support one should expect during settlement in Brampton area.

Thanks in advance.

drpari

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
phdmaker said:
Thanks for sharing, really informative indeed.
We are also planning to land in Toronto for Brampton (as our blood relatives live there) in coming Aug-Sep. We r family of four including my two sons of 5 years and 10 months old.
I am interested to ask you some of following queries please.
1. Can we be allowed to rent a basement with 1 bedroom considering our family size.
2. Is getting survival job like at retail shops easy to catch for initial months of settlement in Brampton.
3. what government support one should expect during settlement in Brampton area.

Thanks in advance.
Hi phdmaker now coming to your queries
1. Can we be allowed to rent a basement with 1 bedroom considering our family size.there are no rules and limits which will restrict you from renting a basement apartment....you can very well go in for 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom basement, it is all up to you to choose(depending on your budget) and you can select from so many options.
2. Is getting survival job like at retail shops easy to catch for initial months of settlement in Brampton.survival jobs really depends on the kind of vacancies available....you can get jobs at retail shops by searching the job sites with properly defined key words
3. what government support one should expect during settlement in Brampton area. what you can do is you can visit a 'Service Canada' center...here they help you with everything right from helping you to write a Canadian style resume and applying for jobs, settlement etc.