+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Toronto - immigration issues?

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!

I'm landing in Toronto in June 10th and I'd like to know how much time I must reserve to address all immigration official issues (documents, interview, etc).

Can you guys please share your experience with me?

I have another question: I'm staying in an AirBnb house for a month - I already have a house which I'll rent for a year, but I'll be on this new address only after July 9th - which address should I give to the officers/CIC?

Thanks!!!

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Hi

On how much time you should reserve, there's no definite amount of time. You'll spend about 15mins with an IO and another 10-15 waiting on your SIN (should u choose to get it then). The tricky part is how far out your are in the queue. If your as lucky as I was, and find not a single person landing, an hour or less will be enough. I recall my lay over was an hour in Toronto - if it wasn't for the slow CO (who seemed new at the job),I wouldn't have missed my flight, but I was lucky as there was another one leaving in a few minutes.

On the address, I'd advise you use the house address since it takes about 2 months to process your card, but be sure you'll be at the house come July 9th. The other option is to wait until you move in then provide an address - CIC gives you 180 days to do this after you land.

All the best

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply!

Hopefully there won't be too many people in the queue!!!

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Chiuzi said:
Thanks for the reply!

Hopefully there won't be too many people in the queue!!!
Hi,
One of my family member landed in Canada last month.
She spent about 2 hours time altogether in the queue.

It really depends when you are landing. Keep 2-3 hours for all the processes...

Regards,
Sharat Joshi

Feb 14, 2016
Chiuzi said:
Hello everyone!

I'm landing in Toronto in June 10th and I'd like to know how much time I must reserve to address all immigration official issues (documents, interview, etc).

Can you guys please share your experience with me?

I have another question: I'm staying in an AirBnb house for a month - I already have a house which I'll rent for a year, but I'll be on this new address only after July 9th - which address should I give to the officers/CIC?

Thanks!!!