+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Toronto - Etobicoke office

leonht

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Hi all,

I'm planning to land at a CIC office. I called an agent today and he told me that the Etobicoke office will set an appointment date within 2 weeks.
Has anyone had experience with how long it will actually take to receive the appointment date? And how long after that is the actual appointment?

leonht

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
For those who are wondering, I called CIC to make an appointment the day after I got COPR. An email with the scheduled appointment came 2 business days after and the actual appointment was 2 weeks after I called CIC. So it takes roughly 2 weeks from calling CIC to landing at the Etobicoke office.

The landing was a straightforward process and the officers were nice. The office was rather packed - I came in ~40 minutes after the opening and the office was already full of people also doing landing. The wait in line was ~1 hr.

Reactions: Tomi2 and imacuser

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Since most people choose to go to the border for landing, it is nice to have an account of what it is like to land at a CIC Office. Hopefully, others can get some useful information out of it.

Congratulations to PR! :)

Reactions: Tomi2

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Kitchener office is usually never busy if you don't mind driving there.

Reactions: Adanac11

goldencanada

Star Member
May 4, 2014
I would like to add my experience to this thread.

Overall timeline from receiving COPR to Inland Interview: 2 weeks (to get appointment email) and 1 week (scheduled landing interview).

You do not need any photographs or additional documents. Just carry your Passport and COPR. It's 5-8 minutes interaction with officer to complete entire process. Though you will see huge lineup of people, Management is very organized and super quick to address queries.

Best of luck..

Reactions: Tomi2

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014

Overall timeline from receiving COPR to Inland Interview: 2 weeks (to get appointment email) and 1 week (scheduled landing interview).

You do not need any photographs or additional documents. Just carry your Passport and COPR. It's 5-8 minutes interaction with officer to complete entire process. Though you will see huge lineup of people, Management is very organized and super quick to address queries.

Best of luck..
Is the appointment mandatory?

Do they allow walk ins?

goldencanada

Star Member
May 4, 2014
No walk-ins. Though, If your appointment is scheduled at 3-4 PM, You can visit office early at 8:30am. They will accept your application rightaway without any concerns.

You have to call CIC to book an appointment.

Tomi2

Apr 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Doc's Request.
30-10-2017 (RCMP requested)
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Tha

Best of luck..
Thanks for the clarification regarding additional documents. The email I got from them says to bring 2 photos for PR card. I already sent 2 photos to them when I sent passport and they sent one photo back along with COPR.

Shayna22

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
AOR Received.
October 11,2017
Passport Req..
January 11,2018
LANDED..........
16-2-2018
I called cic on the first day of February to schedule and appointment. I was told I would hear from the Etobicoke office with two weeks.

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called cic on the first day of February to schedule and appointment. I was told I would hear from the Etobicoke office with two weeks.
Hey Shayna,
Can you let me know if you got a call from them for the interview at Etobicoke? I just received my COPR and I am debating if I should land at etobicoke or just flagpole at 1000islands or something.

Shayna22

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
AOR Received.
October 11,2017
Passport Req..
January 11,2018
LANDED..........
16-2-2018
So I got an email from them on the 12 of February for an appointment schedule for February 16th. I got my sin same time too. Remember I call February 1st so they took 12 days to respond.
Hey Shayna,
Can you let me know if you got a call from them for the interview at Etobicoke? I just received my COPR and I am debating if I should land at etobicoke or just flagpole at 1000islands or something.

Reactions: msmahmood

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
@Shayna22 why did you call them? My wife got her letter that the process is complete yesterday but it said that we should wait to hear from the etobicoke office. do we just wait now for a interview date/time? also can you tell me what happened at the interview, my wife was part of the live in caregiver program and applied as single.

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I got an email from them on the 12 of February for an appointment schedule for February 16th. I got my sin same time too. Remember I call February 1st so they took 12 days to respond.
Thanks for replying, so the whole thing took around 2ish weeks. I am currently on a call with IRRC to book an appointment.

Shayna22

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
AOR Received.
October 11,2017
Passport Req..
January 11,2018
LANDED..........
16-2-2018
@Shayna22 why did you call them? My wife got her letter that the process is complete yesterday but it said that we should wait to hear from the etobicoke office. do we just wait now for a interview date/time? also can you tell me what happened at the interview, my wife was part of the live in caregiver program and applied as single.
I called CIC to book appointment and they told me Etobicoke office would contact me Via email. So the office sent me an email 12 days after I called CIC to request appointment. The interview is nothing major. The lady asked me questions on the COPR. Then she asked me to sign both copies of COPR.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
I called CIC to book appointment and they told me Etobicoke office would contact me Via email. So the office sent me an email 12 days after I called CIC to request appointment. The interview is nothing major. The lady asked me questions on the COPR. Then she asked me to sign both copies of COPR.
did you give them any info? Like is it possible to book over the phone?