+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Ontario with COPR currenty working in Quebec

haw23

Oct 16, 2017
Hello All,
I have received a COPR and want to make a landing in Toronto. (My PR application was in CEC - Canadian Experience Class.) But I am currently working in Quebec City with a temporary work permit valid till the end of the year. (I don't have the CSQ and don't plan to stay here long.)

My question is. Can I make the landing in Toronto and obtain the PR but keep living and working in Quebec City for a few more weeks? Is it okay to say my current address is in Quebec City and I intend to move to Toronto? Or do I have to quit my current job first to prove my intention of leaving Quebec?

Is there anyone with similar experience?

Thanks in advance,
Haw

R

rish888

Once you do your landing you have mobility rights across the whole country, including Quebec.

However, from what I have seen giving an address in Quebec to IRCC may be an issue. Can you give the address of a friend in Toronto? You can continue to live and work in Quebec if you wish.

haw23

Oct 16, 2017
Once you do your landing you have mobility rights across the whole country, including Quebec.

However, from what I have seen giving an address in Quebec to IRCC may be an issue. Can you give the address of a friend in Toronto? You can continue to live and work in Quebec if you wish.
Thank You for your reply. I should be able to give a friends address in Toronto until I move somewhere else. But what about the employment? Could the IRCC refuse to give me PR while I am still employed in Quebec?

tdurai

Dec 21, 2013
Hello, I have a similar situation as haw23. I got my CoPR with a province of destination as Ontario. I am still working in Montreal. Will there any problem when i do a land border crossing in Ontario? Just a mere address in Ontario is enough? Will they ask for any address proof? I have called IRCC for an appointment for an interview at one of their office but the person replied that she cant book an an appointment with a current address in Quebec. She is asking me that i should move to Ontario in order to arrange for an interview.

What should i do in this case as I am very confused? Please help if anyone had similar situation and how did they faced it.

Appreciate your reply in this regard.

Reactions: cecict

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
if you got PR under a federal non QC program (e.g. CEC), you can flagpole landing in ON, but should bring some proof you intend to leave QC e.g. offer of employment in ON, etc.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hello, I have a similar situation as haw23. I got my CoPR with a province of destination as Ontario. I am still working in Montreal. Will there any problem when i do a land border crossing in Ontario? Just a mere address in Ontario is enough? Will they ask for any address proof? I have called IRCC for an appointment for an interview at one of their office but the person replied that she cant book an an appointment with a current address in Quebec. She is asking me that i should move to Ontario in order to arrange for an interview.

What should i do in this case as I am very confused? Please help if anyone had similar situation and how did they faced it.

Hello @tdurai @haw23

I will be in similar situation like you.
Which address you give for receiving PR card ?
You did inland border landing ?
How was your landing experience ?

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
if you got PR under a federal non QC program (e.g. CEC), you can flagpole landing in ON, but should bring some proof you intend to leave QC e.g. offer of employment in ON, etc.
Which address (QC or ON) should be given to receive PR card ?

Ernes123

Mar 19, 2019
HI,
My wife applied to CEC and I am his dependant, she is working in Ontario and I am working for a Quebec company, both of us live in Ontario. I have landing interview scheduled soon, I was wondering if anyone of you were in the same situation at the landing moment and and can share your experience. if so, I am wondering did you guys keep working for a Quebec company during and after landing? Do the Officer asked you in the landing interview anything about your job or proof that you are work in Quebec and live in Ontario? Thanks in advance for your remarks, it is sort of stressed situation, and I will like to be more informed to make a decision if I have to quick my job in Quebec even if I am working remotely and living in Ontario.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
HI,
My wife applied to CEC and I am his dependant, she is working in Ontario and I am working for a Quebec company, both of us live in Ontario. I have landing interview scheduled soon, I was wondering if anyone of you were in the same situation at the landing moment and and can share your experience. if so, I am wondering did you guys keep working for a Quebec company during and after landing? Do the Officer asked you in the landing interview anything about your job or proof that you are work in Quebec and live in Ontario? Thanks in advance for your remarks, it is sort of stressed situation, and I will like to be more informed to make a decision if I have to quick my job in Quebec even if I am working remotely and living in Ontario.
If you are intending to land and continue to reside in Ontario, it's irrelevant if you are working remotely for a Québec based employer. Your landing should be unaffected. There are no reasons to quit your job.

Ernes123

Mar 19, 2019
If you are intending to land and continue to reside in Ontario, it's irrelevant if you are working remotely for a Québec based employer. Your landing should be unaffected. There are no reasons to quit your job.
Thank you Zardoz for your advice. Highly appreciate it.

ndai

Jul 18, 2019
Hello All,
I have received a COPR and want to make a landing in Toronto. (My PR application was in CEC - Canadian Experience Class.) But I am currently working in Quebec City with a temporary work permit valid till the end of the year. (I don't have the CSQ and don't plan to stay here long.)

My question is. Can I make the landing in Toronto and obtain the PR but keep living and working in Quebec City for a few more weeks? Is it okay to say my current address is in Quebec City and I intend to move to Toronto? Or do I have to quit my current job first to prove my intention of leaving Quebec?

Is there anyone with similar experience?

Thanks in advance,
Haw

Hi Haw and Tdurai

Could you please share your experience? I am in the same situation. I am working in Quebec and will have landing interview in Ontario.

Will they as any proof of Ontario residency? I can use Ontario address but it is difficult to give strong proof of residency.

Regards
Dai

ndai

Jul 18, 2019
Hello @tdurai @haw23

I will be in similar situation like you.
Which address you give for receiving PR card ?
You did inland border landing ?
How was your landing experience ?
Hi Cecict ,

Could you please share your experience? I am in the same situation. I am working in Quebec and will have landing interview in Ontario.

Will they as any proof of Ontario residency? I can use Ontario address but it is difficult to give strong proof of residency.

Regards
Dai

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Hi.. can anyone reply what was there interview experience. I will be in similar situation few months from now!

Please respond!

ndai

Jul 18, 2019
Hi.. can anyone reply what was there interview experience. I will be in similar situation few months from now!

Please respond!
Hi,

It is really easy, they only asked some basic questions about your status (single/married/ crime/ and dependant).

Then, you have to sign your PR paper and give them an address (no need for proof of residency) but it is good if you have something just in case.

Also, give them an address in ontario since I do not know what happens if you use quebec address

Regards

Reactions: ramya priya